☁ 4 ☁

"look who's there." a voice disturbed jeno who has just sat on the grass his back resting against a tree, to have a nap in the park.

the male opened an eye, closing it right after when he was sure of who was standing there.

"what do you want again? can't you see i'm busy."

"well, get busy elsewhere. i was here first."

jeno scoffed. "there was no one there, stupid. that's why i chose this tree."

"open your fucking eyes, lee." renjun spat.

jeno used his hands to stretch his lids and looked around.

"still no one, asshole. it's you who needs glasses."

renjun bit the inside of his cheek to prevent himself from hitting jeno right in the face.

"realised i was right, shortie?"

renjun threatened jeno with the paintbrush full of green paint he had in the hand, agitating the brush in front of jeno's nose, which made the younger squint.

"you are wrong, jerk. you see the easel over here?" renjun pointed at an easel that was ten meters away from them. "that's my art project. and my painting subject, useless shit, is the fucking tree you're leaning on. so, go find another tree."

"oh, you're painting!" jeno asked with a fake smile.

"yes, and you're in the middle."

"just paint me then. and make sure to insist on that sharp and beautiful jawline." jeno said, showing his very defined jawline to the chinese.

fed up of jeno's arrogant behaviour, renjun used his dirty brush to leave a green stain on jeno's cheek, making the other widen his eyes.

"did you just...?"

"get the fuck out of here, you and your ugly face." renjun said, fuming red.

jaemin looked at the scene from afar – but close enough to hear their bickering – and widened his eyes at the mean words they were and the way they were about to jump on each other and fight.

not only was this fight completely childish, but it was also useless. if renjun had started the conversation politely, they wouldn't have gotten there. their hate for each other was unfounded. and now, how could these two desperate cases ever fall in love?

jaemin had followed them throughout their school day.

inside the file the head had left him, he had found a fake school id at his name – along with some money and food reduction coupons – allowing him to get on schoolgrounds and spy on the two boys.

he had decided he would start by studying jeno's way of life, so he had followed him through the day and to the park where he had witnessed their fight.

he then had followed jeno home when the supervisor had expulsed renjun and him from the park for causing a ruckus.

anyway, it hadn't been a full day yet, and jaemin was already starting to tell himself that he would never accomplish his mission...