☁ 25 ☁

renjun and jaemin parted when they were out of oxygen, never breaking the eye contact.

the kiss they had just shared had been magical. both boys had their hearts beating faster than ever, and they just felt the need to collide their lips again.

however, something prevented them to do so.

jaemin's beautiful white wings had deployed, behind the angel's back, allowing renjun to catch a glimpse of them when he was still looking intensely at jaemin's eyes. and so, the human broke the eye contact to look at the two huge wings with confusion.

"j-jaemin?"

it's only then that jaemin realised what was happening.

he hadn't been able to contain his emotions during the kiss. his wings had appeared again. and now, renjun had seen them.

"n-n-no." he let out quickly, raising to his feet.

"what are those?" renjun furrowed his brows.

"it's n-nothing. forget me renjun." jaemin said, wiping a tear that had left his eye.

"wha- "

and before he could finish his sentence, he was glued to the sofa by a powerful wind that made things fly around the room, and jaemin ran out of his house.

"wait! jaemin!" renjun yelled, stinging up and going to the door.

however, when he opened it, there was no sight of jaemin...

jaemin ran to a hidden place, crying his eyes out.

why had he been so careless? so stupid?

renjun knew what he was. he had failed his mission.

the angel was completely heartbroken. first, he could say 'goodbye' to his wings, because the head would kill him if he knew what had happened, and then, he would never be able to be with renjun and jeno. the chinese may already hate him...

after a few minutes of crying intensely, he came to the conclusion that there was one solution only. he had to leave earth, go back above the clouds and face his punishment. that was his only option. hopefully, the head would be able to rearrange things and erase renjun's memory...

but if he was going to leave, there was one last thing he needed to do. and that is going to see jeno.

and that's what he did.

the angel made his wings disappear again and ran to jeno's house.

the streets were already dark, but he didn't care anymore. he needed to bid his last goodbye before leaving for ever.

jaemin entered jeno's garden and walked straight to the window of his room.

there, he saw the boy lying on his bed, staring at his phone while caressing nal who was cuddled to his side.

jaemin knocked on the window, startling jeno and making nal leave the room.

jeno rose to his feet with brows furrowed and walked to the window, opening it confusion visible on his handsome features.

"jaemin? what are you doing here? weren't you supposed to be with renjun?" he asked very quickly.

"i already spent the afternoon with him. but i wanted to see you a bit. we never know what can happen..." jaemin whispered the last part.