Info

What is the soul?

They said it was the heart. But it was discovered that all the heart does is supply the human body with the oxygen they breathe.

Then is it the mind. The organ made mostly of nerve tissue. They claim it functions the same with how electricity flows, making the human body similar to a computer.

The soul cannot be known, cannot be observed. There are those who tried, but ended up in failure and deemed to be madーcrazy.

A physical body encompassing the soul, it is one of the things that makes humans sure that they are living in the reality.

It makes them have will and consciousness.

Pain makes them realize that they are alive, that the things they see and experience aren't some sort of illusion.

Then what about after the human body dies?

Humans like to believe in things like heaven and hell. The destination of one's soul depends on the choices they had made while they had tangible bodies.

Others believe that there is only darkness and oblivion after death. Like sleeping, they only see black. An eternal rest.

Because humans are born with this inherent fear.

They fear everything around them.

That was why they made up rules.

They made names to things.

They decided to label bad and good.

Humans became apex predators of the world because of their fear.

They made tools to suppress the animals twice their size. And if that wasn't enough, newer tools are made to bring down a colossal predatory animal.

Living in fear.

As if running away from something.

Running away from death.

From that darkness.

Then what about that red soul?

Isn't things like afterlife impossible.

But what is impossible.

It was even discovered that the shape of the universe looks similar to the neural networks of the brain.

Delving deeper would be scary.

Because even more searching might prove that the universeー the place where Earth is, is just a world in some beings head.

...

...

...

This has been a rather confusing beginning. But that's only because I wanted to share some of my thoughts to all of you.

Allow me to introduce myself.

I am Qui

Some of you may already know about me already.

The soul's save point.

Some kind of system.

A 4th wall breaker.

I can be described with many things because I am the collection of all those people who you've read.

...

Life is a mysterious thing, because even as I speak, it might have been just the creation of somebody.

The highest being I could name that could govern over us.

Author.

That name is very nostalgic.

Maybe even know they are still out there and typing out what I am saying.

How funny.

...

But enough of that.

Welcome to my storytelling.

I'm sure some of you are curious on the worlds we have gone through.

The worlds that were destroyed because of our meddling.

These aren't sob stories, nor sad ones.

At most, I would call them as pitiful attempts.

We tripped.

We broke.

We tried hard.

And it still wasn't enough.

...

This are the stories before we were free of the rules.

The stories that will remain unforgotten.

____

A/N:

For real tho, writing this 4th wall breaking things and seeing some readers freaking out is fun.

So yeah, every chapter of this story is going to be different.

It'll be mostly a compilation of Qui's past lives.

Or Hikaru

Or Akari

Or any of the OC's I have created.