Bloom, You are Hate (Part 3)

The grass is always greener
on the other side.

As such, words and feelings of
envy had long been accepted
by us long ago.

We accept that we have these
dark thoughts.

That deep inside, no matter
how much we think we are
unique, we are the same
as everyone else.

That's why, at that time,
we became arrogant.

With our thoughts broken apart...
Dying and then being sent to another world, we became arrogant.

The speculation that we were
unique began to sprout again.

That we were special, and chosen.
It might've also been our way
to cope to the fact that we died.

That we cannot return
back to where we came from.

Because we know, that even if we disappear... The world would
still continue even without
our existence.

________

"Is she okay?" Nami asked for the nth time at Chopper regarding Rinne.

"She suffered from blood loss, and infected wounds. It was a surprise she even managed to move back then." Chopper said and glanced at the fainted Rinne.

The girl had been asleep for a whole day and showed no signs of waking up any sooner. And though they still had their questions and suspicions about the girl, they can't help but worry and wonder how she received such wounds.

"She doesn't have any personal possessions other than a few strange trinkets. Right, long nose-kun?" Robin nonchalantly said with a smile while Usopp flinched, looking like he was caught doing something bad.

"Y-Yeah..." Usopp said as he backed away from Rinne's belongings. He was curious, but he had enough patience to not snoop around too much, especially with a woman's possessions.

"Hnrggg.... I wonder when she'll wake up~" Luffy sat on a chair beside the bed. It was quite the sight to see their Captain waiting patiently on the chair ever since Rinne collapsed.

During their musings, only Luffy was the one who noticed Rinne move, albeit only slightly.

"Ah! She's awake!" Luffy exclaimed and stopped the flowing conversation of his crewmates. Their eyes turned towards the girl, observing her actions, while Nami made sure to tell Chopper to not let Luffy do anything... strenuous to the patient.

The girl had scrunched her forehead in response to the noise. It might have been a habit, but the girl had clutched the sheets and buried herself under it. Nami deemed it quite an innocent sight since ever since meeting the girl, she could feel that she was always guarded. Just like how she once was. So seeing Rinne be comfortable enough like that made her heart feel less heavy.

"... An hour.... Gimme an hour, dad... my phone..." Rinne mumbled, and contrary to her words, she started to slowly get up from the bed and with closed eyes, grasped the space beside the pillow as if searching for something.