Chapter 12

Date: December 25, 2011
Location: Emily and JJs house

JJ's POV

I watch Emily run down the street then turn the corner. Just like that she's gone all over again, I know she's coming back but she still has me worried. I wait a minute then walk back to the front of the house, where I'm met with a sympathetic look from Elizabeth as well as Oliver.

"I'm sorry JJ we didn't mean for this to happen, we just wanted to talk to her... I'm so sorry we'll leave you and your family alone." She says walking off back to her car and Oliver right behind her. When she gets to the door she turns to me again saying, "Once again I'm truly sorry, goodbye." And she drives off.

I didn't know whether to be upset or relieved that she was gone. This whole situation has me confused, I've never seen Emily lose her composer like that not even with unsubs. I know this is more personal because it's her mom but still I've never seen her this way. This is the one time I don't know how to help her.

I've been outside for a while so I decided to go back inside, hopefully, no one heard Emily, or at least if they did I hope they just don't bring it up. I go back inside and join the group on the couch.

Emily's POV

I'd been running for maybe an hour, honestly, I don't know my mind is a mess, my body is tired yet I can't stop running. I'm feeling so much mental pain that it's putting me in physical pain. Every time my foot hits the ground I feel a shooting pain run through my leg.

I couldn't take the pain anymore so I stopped running, I was on the main road so I know I'm pretty far from the house. The road was almost empty, all the stores were closed because it's around 11 and Christmas night. My foot really hurts so I sit on the street curb and think.

I don't understand why I can't just live a happy normal life, my life was great before Doyle everything was amazing I had a beautiful girlfriend, a happy son, and a good job, I had those perfect lives you see in the movie. Then I "died" and came back, my girlfriend hated me. I got in a car accident that put me in a long ass coma then my mom comes up and fucks my life up again. I don't think my son even needs me anymore, he looks so happy with JJ, Sandy, and the team, he doesn't need me, none of them do. JJ's life wouldn't be so hectic and we wouldn't have to keep worrying about me. She probably hates me considering I never told her about my brother and the rest of my family. I basically lied to her about my whole life. God Emily what's wrong with you, she loves you and you lie to her, you don't deserve her.

I didn't realize I was crying and shaking until I felt a tear fall on my hand. My body was trembling and tired. I didn't have any more fight in me, my breathing was heavy. I laid back on the pavement hoping to calm down but I can't. I run my shaking hands through my pockets and pull out JJ's phone. I didn't want to go back home, I know I'm not needed but I couldn't breathe or move.

It takes a couple of tries but I'm finally able to call the house phone, it rings once then someone answers.

"Jen- Jennifer?" I stutter out of breath.

"Emily are you ok? What's wrong? Where are you?" She says in a panic.

"A-across the street f-from your f-favorite restaurant."

"Emily that's almost across town, how did you get there?"

"Ran." Is all I can say.

"Em are you out of breath from running or because you can't breathe." Say says, I can hear her picking up her keys.

"Can't... breathe."

"Ok Em I'm coming, the house phone is going to cut off because I'm getting far from the house, when it does I need you to stay where you are, ok?"