Chapter 8

Date: December 19th
Location: Hospital

Emilys POV

My head is pounding, everything hurts. Why does everything hurt? I open my eyes, they immediately slam shut. God why is it so bright, I thought. There is something in my throat, it's making me choke. I can hear people rush into the room.

"Emily I'm going to need you to calm down so I can take the tube out." I hear women say. I tried to calm down but I was still choking. Then I feel the tube exit my throat, I can finally breathe again.

I feel someone touch my arm, I shoot open my eyes and quickly sit up "aghh!" I groan in pain. "Don't touch me! Who are you! Where am I! God why is it so bright!" I yell out questions, barely giving them a chance to answer.

"Emily, I'm going to need you to lay back down for me and I'll explain everything." As I slowly lay back down she turns to another woman in the room. "Go call Ms.Jareau please." She turns back to me "Emily you were in a bad car accident, do you remember what happened?" I shake my head no. "Well, you were brought here with multiple broken ribs, multiple breaks in your left leg, your left shoulder was dislocated, and a variety of cuts and bruises. Your shoulder and ribs are completely healed. Your leg is mostly healed so we have your foot in a little wrap instead of a cast. But you're still very sore from the lack of movement. When you came in your brain was swelling so we had to take you in for emergency surgery. Since then the swelling has gone down but the surgery was a little too much for your body to handle so you slipped into a 6-week long coma." She was talking too fast and nothing was making sense.

"Why does everything s-still h-hurt..." I'm stuttering trying to comprehend what's going on. My breathing starts to speed up. "God! What did you do to me! Agh!" I groan in pain, I can't focus, my eyes keep darting around the room.

"I'm going to give you something to calm you down." She puts a needle in my iv and pushes whatever is inside, I feel little flow through my veins, everything slows down and I close my eyes.

JJ's POV

I updated the team and Emily's mom the minute I got the call from the hospital. When I get inside one of the nurses is already waiting for me.

"Is she ok?" I ask.

"She woke up very disoriented, she didn't know where she was or what happened. She was too worked up so we had to give her a sedative, so she's very drowsy right now but I can still take you to go see her." I nod and the nurse guided me to her room. Open the door and Emily looks so peaceful, even though her eyes were closed I could tell she wasn't sleeping.

"Hey Em, how are you feeling?" I asked while walking into the room, she opened her eyes with a surprised look on her face.

"JJ... I didn't think you would come." She groans as she tries to readjust herself. "Everything hurts and it's so bright" I turn toward the door and hit the switch to dim the lights. "Thank you," she says.

"Your welcome. Of course, I would come, I came every Friday for these past 6 weeks. I know I didn't act like it but Emily I still love you, I never stopped. I'm sorry it took you almost dying for me to see that but I want this to work and I don't want you to leave. Please let me make this right... I love you, forever and always, remember?" I grab her hand and squeeze it softly so I don't hurt her.

"Forever and always." She repeats with a smile. "Can you lay with me?" I chuckle and nod. I take off my shoes and start to get on the bed but she stops me. "Not this side, go on the other side it hurts less." I gave her a sympathetic look then proceeded to the other side of the bed and climbed in.