Sajin, even after a year of being around me, was reluctant to take off his helmet. I encouraged him to at least not wear it while we ate. He wasn't terribly happy about it, but he did agree after three months.

Sajin took off his helmet as he sat the table, his ears flicking forward.

"Good morning," I greeted him.

"Morning, captain," Sajin said in return, ears flicking again when Sōsuke entered the room.

"And there's my favorite lieutenant," I chirped.

"I'm your only lieutenant," Sōsuke pointed out, lips curled up into a practiced smile. Totally fake, but what could I expect in only a year? About the only time I could know for certain Sōsuke was smiling for real was when I made his favorite foods.

Which was actually really hard to find out! Not because he lied about it, but the darling didn't even know himself. I asked him originally and he gave some basic answers like udon or green tea so I prepared udon and a green tea rolled cake and he didn't like either of them. He said he did, but he was lying. About food!

It wasn't a courtesy white lie—I knew my cooking was beyond reproach—Sōsuke was genuinely neutral toward it. The fact that he felt compelled to lie about it likely meant the dear had no idea what his true favorite food was.

It became a quest of finding what he actually liked. For the past year I prepared a variety of different foods made from different cultures. I even sent Snuggles out across dimensions to get some ingredients that couldn't be found in the Bleachverse because finding something Sōsuke Aizen actually liked was hard as heck.

To make it worse, I found out he liked mana! MANA. The Bleachverse didn't use mana, it didn't have magic. Why did he have to like something so damn hard to smuggle in? Not like the Soul King was down for me to set up a magic fountain or ask one of the ley dragons to open up a leyline to make the world generate magic. I had to literally smuggle in the ingredients which was hard.

Obviously the Soul King knew, but if I made it too obvious the prick would bounce the ingredients outta here. Asswipe.

Oh well. At least my cute puppers was easy to please. Sajin liked anything salty or meaty.

Sōsuke took a seat next to me, inhaling. "Ah, did you prepare orange blossom tea again?"

"Mm-hmm. I noticed you returned late last night and thought you might want something bright to perk up with," I said.

"Ah. Can't get anything past you, can I, my captain?"

"You will one day my dear," I encouraged him.

Sōsuke fake polite smile made me want to pinch his cheeks. I refrained, choosing instead to pour each of us a cup of tea so we could enjoy breakfast.

Sōsuke said, "I have achieved my shikai. I was able to use it last night."

Sajin was the first to react, the werewolf's entire face lit up in delight. "Many congratulations, Aizen!"

"I hope you'll be willing to show us later?" I asked, unable to keep the excited grin off my face. At last! Once I fell under Sōsuke's hypnosis the handsome man would be able to trick me to his heart's content. I wouldn't be able to easily predict his plans, and he could actually out troll me. Oh the delight! Oh the wonder! How long has it been since someone else has had the upper hand on me?

Sōsuke nodded as he sipped at the tea. "Yes, I would love to."

Feeling a surge of joy, I couldn't contain my happiness and pride so I lurched forward and kissed the top of Sōsuke's forehead. "I'm so proud of you."