Chapter Twenty Six

Start from the beginning

"I'm starting not to be able to stand the sight of her." Phara whispered, wiping away an angry tear. "My baby was fighting for his life in that hospital and she showed up three times. She's never even went since he opened his eyes! Using some dumb excuse of some guy told her not too. Yeah, right. She's in so much danger but she can't call the cops? She's so sly it's disgusting."

Collins sighed. "I know you're angry baby, but let Omari deal with her. He's grown let's let him make his own decisions."

Phara wasn't trying to hear that because being grown didn't automatically mean making the right choices. But Phara nodded her head in agreement and left it alone. She cooked in silence and pretended like her son's fiancé wasn't even there.

********

Inola was looking at Enrique sign about how much he loved missing school. It was the only thing he seemed to be enjoying out of all of this. With the amount of days he missed he was most likely going to have to repeat his grade. Inola much rather a repeat than him not being able to attend school at all, if he wasn't on Earth to have that luxury.

Inola wanted to be at her mother's house with her kids, but her mother lived in a tiny apartment. Plus with her mother's health problems, she wouldn't be able to look after kids much. Enrique was old enough to take care of himself to an extent, but Joshua was completely incapacitated.

Surfing the news, Inola looked to see if she would see any updates on anything pertaining to the Italian mob. Like usual, once time passed by stories seemed to die down as they moved onto other things. Inola wasn't sure if the news just didn't care or French wasn't getting things done on the outside, so there was no reports being made.

Whatever it was Inola was hoping he was finding a solution to this like he said. She often prayed he was safe as well. After the box of money he delivered four weeks ago, she'd never heard from him again. No calls, texts, or mail. She had no way of knowing anything and she sometimes found herself wondering how he was doing.

Enrique tapped the bed harshly several times. Inola looked at him with raised eyebrows. She loved her baby but when he got in the mood, boy could he go on and on about one thing.

I forgot to tell you but last time when I went with Omari's parents to the hospital, on the way there I saw dad.

Inola knew he was talking about Sancho, his biological father. She searched his face to see what he was feeling but she couldn't read him.

Really, where? She signed.

Inside a corner store. We had bought these really sweet drinks and got thirsty after. So Omari parents pulled over so I could run in and grab a few bottles of water. Dad was standing at the counter talking to the guy behind it. He saw me and got really happy and hugged me.

Enrique looked at her right after he said it so she smiled lightly. She couldn't stand Sancho, but just because she couldn't she didn't want him to force himself to follow her, just to accommodate her feelings.

Yeah? And how did that make you feel?

He shrugged his shoulders, I don't know, honestly. He seemed real happy to see me but he doesn't come look for me. Or Joshua. It just seems weird. He started bragging to the guy behind the counter and saying that I was his son. But I just paid for the water and told him I had to go.

Did he even ask where you were going or where you were coming from?

No.

Inola stopped herself from rolling her eyes, typical Sancho. He didn't care and never would. She hoped when Enrique grew up to do amazing in life he didn't try and weasel his way in like all deadbeats did. She would be front row center to cuss, fuss and beat his ass.

I honestly didn't care though. He didn't ask about Joshua either like he never does. I don't like that, next time if I see him I'll tell him to start acknowledging Joshua else I won't talk to him when I see him. Enrique said.

He loved his brother and to see their own father turn his back, just because Joshua was different didn't sit right in Enrique's heart. Enrique yearned to have a relationship with his biological father, but he wasn't pushing his brother to the side to do it.

Inola leaned in and hugged her son, tightly. She held the happy tears at bay, watching her son grow up right before her eyes. It was the most honorable thing she had heard anyone say. His statement just made the rest of her night.

That is so sweet baby, She sighed to him once they pulled away. you're brother would adore you if he could understand everything going on around him.

People could say what they want about her, but she was definitely succeeding in raising her son right. That was one thing at least no one could take from her. If no one else was on her side, at least she would always have her two babies.