Mal set up the art booth as Jane went over their list of things to do.

"Jane," Mal said as she fixated a canvas on an easel.

"...and concessions are starting to set up. I'll have Tatianna check over that area. I'm not very good on the whole cooking businesses. Most of the rides and games are set up, I have four groups of five helping over there. I've called Carlos and he and Jay are taking care of the stage with the Tourney and R.O.A.R. teams. Carlos also told me to tell you he's going to need you for sound check, which I don't know--he said you'd know. Anyways, Evie says she'd like you to go see her when you had a moment. Ben also said he had called you, but you didn't answer and he said that he'll be at the tree at three, again something you'd know. Also--"

"Jane!" Mal called to her fast-talking friend.

"Yes?" Jane cut off quickly, then blushed, "Sorry. I really need to work on that."

"Everything is fine Jane. Audrey has the two major fundraisers covered, and the baking club has the bake sale covered as well. Everything is going according to plan, so why don't you go take a break--ah-ah, a thirty minute break, because I know you'd complain if I said an hour. You've earned it, Jane. If you're lucky you can snag Carlos away too. I know without a doubt that he and Jay are bickering over the stage parts."

Jane smiled, "You are too nice, Mal."

Mal narrowed her eyes playfully and shushed her, "You're going to ruin my rep woman! Now go, shoo-shoo, go spend time with my little brother."

Jane blushed, thanked her and bounded off to find her boyfriend.

"Well if it isn't the Dragoness, being all cozy and soft."

Mal rolled her eyes and turned to see her lovely friend, Mad Maddy.

"Good to see you too, Maddy."

Mad Maddy smirked as she brushed her lime locks over her shoulder.

"I see you've gone back to the Goblin Slime dye, got to say... It's not your best look." Mal scrunched up her nose.

Maddy scoffed, "And what do you know. You never stray from Poisonous Purple."

"Well, at least mine's natural and doesn't come in a can."

Mad Maddy's face became aflame and was about to tear into Mal, who was disinterested in the entire conversation, when they were interrupted.

"Ladies! How are you this fine afternoon? Mali, mind introducing me before I carry you over to the stage?"

"Emir, lovely to see you, where's your shadows?"

"Akiho and Aziz are helping Jay--"

"Jay's here?" Maddy cut in.

Emir glanced between the suddenly curious girl that he didn't know to his best friend's fiancée who was giving him a look to not say anything more.

"Uh, no... he's somewhere Downtown. Why?"

"No reason," Maddy shut down the inquisitive and started to mumble to herself before quickly sounding a goodbye and leaving in a cloud of gray smoke.

"What just happened?" Emir asked carefully.

Mal sighed, "My past is back to haunt me as usual... that was Mad Maddy, or well, Maddy. Sorry, we all have our Isle names, anyways she's one of Madam Mim's granddaughters. We used to be close, but I was forced to do something that made her hate me and in retaliation she has tried to kill me."

Emir blanched at how casual Mal was tossing her brief story, "What?!"

"Yeah, so what did Carlos need?"