Chapter nine

I am awake but I don't open my eyes. I could tell even without sight, that i'm not in the living room anymore. It's too... Soft. I finally decide to open my eyes and I look around. I am in my room? How did I get here? Did Johnny bring me up? I smile at the thought. I quietly get out of bed and open my door. I sneak over to the other side of the hall and open Johnny's door. I peek inside and look at a lump on the bed. I smirk. I tip-toe inside and go around his bed. I try to see his face but, It was covered by the mass of blankets. I sneak back out and go down the stairs. I run into the kitchen and start opening cupboards. I find everything I need, and start making breakfast. 

Johnny's Pov 

I smell food. Who's cooking? I get out of my bed and stretch. I decide to put on a beanie and walk downstairs. I go into the kitchen and see Emmy cooking so many things. 

My eyes widen at the sight

My eyes widen at the sight. It all looks so good my mouth was watering. I look at Emmy. She is covered in flour and grease head to toe. She looks beautiful even covered in food. "What are you staring at Johnny-boy?" I immediately look down and blush. She laughs and throws flour at me. "How dare you!" I dramatically grab an egg and walk over to her. Don't worry it was cooked. "Johnny... No! Don't you dare!" She runs to the opposite side of the kitchen to try to avoid me. I come around the dining table and throw the egg. "Ah! Johnny!" We start to have a food fight. After a while I decide, I actually want to eat the food. So I run up to Emmy and grab her. I end up tripping and taking her to the ground with me. I am on top of her and we just stare. She giggles and I smile. Soon we are both laughing. When our laughing dies down, I stare at her beautiful face again. I take in every detail. The way her eyes squint when she smiles, it's all beautiful. Before I realize it, I'm leaning in. She clears her throat and smiles. I smile back. "Come on, Let's eat." I pick her up, and we walk to the table, and begin to eat.

Back to Emmy's Pov

Did Johnny try to kiss me? I don't know what happened. He started to lean in and I did the same. I don't even know what I'm doing! I've never been kissed. And by a legend no less. He and I just eat our breakfast in silence. Probably for the best. I have a lot on my mind. Tim said Johnny likes me. I didn't believe him before, but now I'm starting to. The way he has been looking at me, and the room full of discarded papers, and he almost just kissed me! Why did I stop him!? I don't know and that would be awkward. That's why. Ugh. Why am I so weird? Johnny clears his throat and I look up. "Uh, what do you want to do today?" He asked me, propping his arm up so his hand reached his face. "I don't know. You know LA better than I do." I shrug and continue eating. "Well we could just stay here all day. There are some movies I would like to watch." "Hm. I have an Idea. We don't know very much about each other so, why don't we do something like twenty questions?" He thinks for a moment. "Ok, sounds interesting. " We finish eating and go to the living room.  Johnny sits down and wraps himself in a fuzzy blanket that wasn't there before. "I'll be right back Johnny. I want to wash up and put on clean clothes." He nods he head slowly. I walk up the stairs and into the bathroom. I wash my face and my arms. I then go to my room and put on a cozy outfit. 

I know we are in LA but, come on! It's winter! I walk down the stairs and I spot Johnny, who didn't look like he moved at all

I know we are in LA but, come on! It's winter! I walk down the stairs and I spot Johnny, who didn't look like he moved at all. And somehow, was wearing completely different clothes. And a hat. 

I mean he looked good, it's just, how did he change so fast!? I looked him up and down

I mean he looked good, it's just, how did he change so fast!? I looked him up and down. "Nice." I say, nodding my head. "Not so bad yourself, Blondie." I cross my arms, putting all my weight onto one side. "Blondie? That's the best you can come up with?" He laughs. "Easy there. Your the one who started it." True. I go and sit right next to him, turning my torso so i'm facing him. "Ok, do you want to start or shall i?" I wait patiently for a response. "I guess I'll start. What's your favorite genre of film?" "Uh, i really like horror or thrillers. And of course the ones that you were in, were amazing." He laughs. We go at this for a couple of hours and i ask one final question. "Johnny, I noticed you have so many hats lying around. Which one is your favorite?" He laughs, pretends to think, and then points to the hat on his head. It's a nice hat. I don't know the name of it but, it fits his style. I grab it off his head and put it on my own. "Hey, give that back!" Johnny tries to take it back but I duck. I stand up, and pose, holding the hat on my head. " I think I could pull off this style. What do you think?" I say changing poses every now and then. "I think you look wonderful." I stop moving and look at Johnny. He starts twisting one of his rings while looking at it. "Thanks Johnny-boy." He smiles when I say my nickname for him. "Now give it back." Johnny stands up slowly looking at me with determination. "Uh oh." I make a run for it. I run to the front door and out onto the front porch. "Emmy, love, give my hat to me." My heart pounds in my chest. I am laughing while running to the back side of the house. "Em... I have your sketchbook. If you don't give the hat to me, I will hide it somewhere you won't find it." I weigh my options. "Never!" I declare with a smile. "Alright then." I hear his footsteps reside. "Wait! Fine, you win." I say whining. He walks up to me and grabs the hat off my head. "By the way love, I didn't have your sketchbook to begin with." He smirks a devious smirk. "Johnny!" I scream at him hitting his arm hard. "Ow. That hurt." Johnny pouts. "Oh be quiet you big Cry-baby." I say still upset that he tricked me. "I'm sorry, please forgive me?" He pulls me into a hug. "Ugh, fine. But you owe me big time." I say hugging him back. I inhale his scent. Stamping it into my brain. "Hey, you called me 'Em'." I say slightly pulling away to look at his handsome face. "Can I not call you that?" He said worried that he offended me. "No, it's fine. I like that one." I say once again pulling him into a hug. We spent the rest of the day watching movies and talking. "Hey." Johnny said once one of the movies was done. "My friends invited me to a party tomorrow. Do you want to come?" "Is it one of those fancy parties you talked about in your letter?" I say smiling. "Yes." He dramatically lays his head back on the couch. "I'll come if it makes you feel better." He looks at me. "It would make me feel a thousand times better!" He tackles me, forgetting I'm not ticklish. "Ah dang it!" He says while I turn to tickle him. We both laugh and go back to laying on the couch. "Shoot!" I say. "What?" Johnny looks at me. "I don't have a dress or anything to wear for tomorrow." I try to remember if i packed anything fancy. Nothing comes to mind. "It's alright. We'll find something tomorrow." We watch one more movie and then go to bed. I couldn't stop thinking of Johnny and me going to that party. It made me nervous.