"That's a nickname I used a while ago." Ezreal began to spoke "You can call me Ezreal. I'm from the Ionian School." Kayn already knew that, not that he'd ever tell him.

"Nice to meet you." Ezreal flashed him a grin and continued to change into a t-shirt and a pair of shorts which Kayn assumed was his gym uniform. "Likewise." Kayn muttered as he hoped the redness on his face would pass of as him being hot.

"You don't have to be so formal, you know?" Kayn slightly flinched at the sudden sound of Ezreal's higher pitched voice. He turned around with an irritated face even thought that was the last thing he was.

"Ok! Ok! Don't give me that face, I thought it was kinda cute."

Hold on. Cute? Kayn was anything but cute. He never thought he would come off as cute, he did everything he could to look intimidating and edgy. Perhaps he was mocking him? Surely didn't seem like it. Ezreal was described as smug and mocking but there were no sign of either of those on his face.

All there were was a small smile, slightly raised eyebrows and a hint of blush. He was being genuine and wanted to compliment him.

Kayn turned to face the ethereal boy "Your eyes must be deceiving you." he said, trying to seem as confident as he could. He wasn't all that confident as people percieved him to be.

Ezreal didn't answer. Instead he looked at him with an amused smile on his rosey, plump lips. "I'm going next." he asked: "Have you ever fought Katarina? Is it possible for her to beat me?".

Kayn, still speechless, turned around slowly with a grin tugging on his lips "A hard opponent and gets infuriated easily. Although she is weak against mages." He explained. He didn't expect the blond marksman to go up against Runeterra's delinquent. He didn't think of Ezreal as strong to duel Katarina.

Ezreal huffed at that which made the taller boy to breathe out a chuckle.

They continued to dress without saying anything but at least the silence wasn't uncomfortable. Kayn reached for his bag to go sit on the bleachers to watch the remaining Runeterra students duel. He had spotted Rhaast before he went to combat. He planned to sit next to him and maybe Varus would join them later although Kayn was sure he was trying to pick up people from the opposite school.

Ezreal's soft voice shook him out of his plans. "You are going to watch me right? Maybe you can critisize my fighting after. You look skilled." he asked with a hopeful tone. He placed a hand on his hip and tilted his head lightly.

With a sudden burst of confidence that came out of nowhere, Kayn turned his head and gave him a smirk. "Acute guy asking me to watch him kick ass? How can I not?". He looked deeply into his icy blue eyes while the blond's cheeks burned with a lovely shade of pink.

"I'm glad." Ezreal said, managing to regain his composure. He got ahead of Kayn and before he exited the locker room said "I hope we reunite one day, Kayn. Farewell." leaving the shadow reaper dumbfounded.

Kayn sighed at the memory. He missed playfully bantering back and forth with the charming mage.

Suddenly, as if Venus had decided to bless him, Lux and Jinx walked away from the mage while chattering with each other. "Now is my chance." Kayn thought and walked towards Ezreal, determined to ask him on a date.

Ezreal saw Kayn as he approached him. His face lightened up and his mood seemed to change instantly.

"Kayn? I was hoping to see you again!" Ezreal smiled at him with widened eyes. Kayn cleared his throat before speaking. "I could say the same. We seemed to get along in the locker room.". They caught up with each other and talked about studies, music and even gossipped about some of the upperclassmen.

Kayn glanced down at his watch. It had been late but he couldn't find the right opportunity to ask the other boy on a date.

"I should probably take my leave." Kayn said, finally giving up. They said their goodbyes and began to part.

Kayn sighed in disappointment, disappointment in himself to be exact. He had chickened out because of the stupid fear of rejection. He tched as he sped up. What happened to the Shadow Reaper who feared nothing? His friends would definitely be disappointed in him, not that they would ever know. When he was next to Ezreal, it was like the world seemed different. He realized he had emotions, thanks to him. He wasn't sure if anybody else could ever do that.

The ravenette was drowning in anxiety and he felt like he couldn't breathe. He crouched down next to a wall and tried to regain his breathing. He hadn't even noticed a blond headed boy running next to him.

The blond crouched next to him and let Kayn rest his head on his chest "Kayn? Try to stay with me. It's ok." Ezreal whispered as he gently stroked and hugged him tightly.

With the help of Ezreal's comforting words and his fresh smell, after a couple of minuted, Kayn managed to calm down and his breathing was back to normal again. He felt like he could fall asleep on Ezreal's chest.

"Are you feeling better?" the blond asked him. Kayn looked up at him and noticed a relieved smile tugging his face. "I am thanks to you." He hugged the other boy tightly. "I thought I had it under control. Turns out I didn't. Pathetic isn't it?" Kayn sneered to himself.

"Does that make me pathetic too?" Ezreal pouted jokingly at him. Kayn's eyes widened at his question. "Ah, that was why he was able to comfort me." he thought to himself. It was refreshing to know someone who could understand you, Kayn noted.

"How did you know I was here?" Kayn wondered aloud. Ezreal bit his tongue "Crap." He was hoping he wouldn't ask that. "It's now or never Ezreal. Just do it." He scolded himself for trying to chicken out. "I was trying to catch up to you to ask you something." He answered his question.

Kayn looked at him, confused. Was he going to ask to show him fighting techniques? Or was he going to- "I was wondering if you could be my boyfriend..." Ezreal trailed shyly. He had to break eye contact- the sudden change from comforting to intense overwhelmed even a heartbreaker like him.

The ravenette's head was spinning. He felt like time had frozen and he swallowed quickly to avoid choking on his words. He gave the blond a soft smile and muttered out the words: "That would make me happy.". He ignored the heavy burning he felt on his carved cheeks. It didn't matter. Nothing else mattered to him at that moment other than the literal love of his life in front of him.

Ezreal's eyes widened and watered as he began laughing gently. He never really believed in love at first sight. The idea of it seemed dumb. But maybe he was the dumb one but now, he had someone who could be dumb with him, laugh with him, cry with him, share his feeling with him.

"Lets be pathetic together."