Chapter 12 - School Dance

Start from the beginning

My hands starts sweating as he pulls up at school. He walks around the car and opens the door for Amy and I.

I smile as he takes my hand in his and we walk on a red carpet that leads into the building.

The hall is made up with fairy lights and streamers. There are tables alongside the walls and in the middle the dance floor has glitter sprinkled all over it.

We find our table and put our stuff down. "You Belong With Me" from Taylor Swift starts playing and Blake looks down at me.

"May I have this dance?" he asks and I smile up at him and nod. He leads me to the dance floor and then places his hands on my waist, pulling me closer to him.

I put my hands around his neck and he leans closer to whisper in my ear. "You look beautiful tonight."

I can't help but blush at his words and I hide my face in the crook of his neck. He tightens his grip around my waist and we sway to the sound of the music.

When the song ends he gives me a hug and we walk back to our seats. "I'll be right back" he tells me and walks off. I am busy talking to Amy about the guy that asked her to dance, when I feel someone sitting next to me.

"Hi gorgeous" the voice says. At first I thought it was Blake, but then his hand touches my thigh and I shot up to look at him. Steven. Blake's enemy. He and Blake never gets along. From the one time in freshman year, Steven punched Blake because he was high on weed, they dislike each other.

"How's it going with the experiment?" he asks. What is he talking about? I don't know about any experiment. Is he joking around, because I'm really not in the mood for his jokes right now.

"What are you taking about Steven?" I ask him not really interested in his answer.

"The experiment with Blake. How far are you? Did you do the deed already?"

My head is pounding and my hands are sweating. I don't have a clue about any experiment. Did Blake lie to me?

As I look at him, Blake comes back and he looks furious. "Get away from her Steven!" he yells and I jump at the sound of his voice.

"You didn't tell her, did you?" Steven says and I feel lost. Blake looks at me with sadness filling his eyes and takes my hand.

"We have to go." he says and pulls my to the exit. I pull him back and ask, "What is he talking about Blake?" I really need to know what is going on.

"Nothing. I'll explain when we get home." he says, but I want to know what Steven meant when he said experiment, and what did he mean by, did we do the deed?

"No Blake!" I yell, "Tell me what is going on. What am I missing?"

He looks at me and takes my hand again. "Jessie, I love you. Please, I am falling for you, no, I have fallen for you, hard. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me, please remember that."

He never said this to me. I know I am supposed to be happy because I feel the same, but something doesn't feel right. It feels like he is hiding something from me.

Steven steps in and says, "Blakey, your really into this ! I didn't think you would last that long."

I look at Blake with a questioning look on my face and he holds onto my hand tighter.

"Blake just please tell me what Steven is saying. I don't understand"

He shakes his head and blinks rapidly.

I have to get the truth out of somebody, so I turn to Steven and say, "Tell me! Now!"

Steven has a smirk on his face and I so desperately want to slap it off, but decide to keep my cool.

"Blake here thought it would be fun to play around with innocent girls. And you Jessica, you were the lucky girl. He would have just gotten into your pants and then drop you like trash. That was the plan."

My heart instantly shatters when I hear his words. I can't believe everything was a lie. This is a lie. Blake saw things that not even my best friend knows. I let him in, and now I feel empty. He took everything I had and threw it on the ground.

He knows about stuff no one knows about. He is probably going to tell everyone at school about it. About my mother, who I found out is not my actual mother. About me being abused. About my father. About Lucas. Everything I worked so hard to hide, he knows. Why did I fall for it again? This is the second time. I am really so stupid.

I don't know how I feel. I want to scream and cry at the same time. I burst out in tears and I can't hold my own weight any longer.

Amy grabs hold of me and we run outside. We don't even have a ride home, because Blake brought us.

Blake. Even the thought of him makes me sick. I hear him running after me.

"Jessie wait! Jessica! Please let me explain!" he yells but I can't bring myself to stop running.

Eventually Amy and I arrive at my house and as we walk up to my room I can't keep anything in anymore. I collapse in her arms and start bawling my eyes out.

I can't believe I fell for this stupid repeatinggame again. I should have known it was to good to be true. I really thought he liked me. I thought...I thought he...I am ripped out of my thoughts when the door to my room swings open, and both me and Amy look up to see...

*
*
*
*

Christii