Chapter 13 - Broken Pieces

Chapter 13: Jessica's POV

I am ripped out of my thoughts when the door to my room swings open, and both me and Amy look up to see...

...Blake...

My heart breaks all over again when I lay eyes on him. I can't believe he tricked me again. I can't believe he lied to me. Everything we had, everything we did for weeks, was all a lie. It was all for nothing. And I ate up everything.

Blake is standing in my door way. A part of me wants to run into his arms and hold him tight.

But a bigger part of me can't even look at him, because every time I do, it feels like my world is crumbling...again...and again.

Amy is still holding onto me because I can't handle my own weight. I can't even think straight. I am still crying all the way and I tried to stop but the tears just keep coming.

"What are you doing here you asshole?!" Amy yells at him. Blake walks to us slowly, but also keeps his distance.

"Jessica I am so sorry. It started as a game but..."Blake says but before he can finish Amy interrupts him.

"Just shut up! She doesn't want to hear your stories! Just go!"

I am so lucky to have my best friend by my side at a time like this. I don't have the strength to argue with Blake right now.

Blake steps closer and says, "Amy, I just want to talk to Jessica."

"Blake don't come closer to her."

"Jessica, fuck, it was a game. Okay. It started as a game. But then I got to know you. I saw what you were going through, you reminded me of how strong a person can be.

You always smile no matter what happens to you. You love the people around you. Your laugh is like music to my ears, and I can't get enough of your scent.

Every time you smile it's like the world gets a shade brighter. You don't just light up the world around you...you light up my world too."

"Jessica I fell for you, I fell for you so fucking hard it hurts to see you leave. It..." his breath hitches and tears run from his eyes.

"Its hurts so bad Jessie. When I saw you leave the dance my heart shattered into pieces. I couldn't lose you. Not again. I couldn't imagine my life without you. I can't even remember what I did before you, but now I can't go on without you.

I love you Jessica. Please, I am so sorry. I never intended to hurt you. But it seems like I always do. I just wanted you to know, I fucking love you so much. I can't lose you."

I have never seen Blake cry like this before. He sound broken, and the sadness I saw in his eyes when he fist stepped into my window, just flashed onto his face, and I hate seeing him like this. I love him so much and I can't imagine life without him either.

I want to tell him that I feel the same way, but the tears can't stop. My heart is still breaking and I can't just turn it off.

Blake's tears is still running onto his cheeks, but he turns around and walks out of my room.

My heart drops at the loss of him, and I know I am supposed to be angry, but I can't just let him walk away.

Amy is still holding onto me and she looks at me with sympathy in her eyes.

"Jess, what he did wasn't right. But he looks broken. And you look worse."

"Amy I love him. I know I am supposed to be angry at him and forget about him, but I can't. I don't want to."

"Jess, if this was my choice I would have told you to punch his face blue and then forget that he ever existed, but this is your choice. What do you wanna do?"

This is my best friend, she will support me no matter what choice I make.

I run downstairs not even explaining to Amy what my choice is. I don't know what I am going to do because Blake is already gone.

I run outside anyways and when I open the door I see Blake sitting on the stairs of the porch. His head is in his hands and his body is shaking. I stand in the doorway and just look at him for a while.

As if he can feel my presence he turns his head, and I look straight into his eyes. His cheeks are stained with tears and his eyes are bloodshot from all the crying.

He stands up and walks closer to me. He takes my hands in his and brings it up to his face to kiss it. His gestures are warm and I feel the heat radiating off his body and hugging my skin.

I feel save. I feel loved, and I feel like he is picking up the pieces of my heart that shattered and fell on the ground, putting them back together on by one, taking his time and loving every single broken piece of me.

"Jessie, I am so sorry for what I did, I really am. I love you, you have to believe me." he says not breaking eye contact.

"Blake you can't ever do that to anyone ever again. You broke my heart and that really hurts."

"Jessica I promise I will never do that again, because I can't go through the pain of losing you again."

He takes my arms and puts them around his neck, and then puts his arms around my waist.

When I think we can't get any closer he proves me wrong and put his head against mine.

"Please don't leave me Jessie."

"Blake...I love you."

He leans closer and slowly presses his lips against mine. I tighten my arms around his neck, and he smiles against my lips.

He deepens the kiss by pressing my back against the wall behind me and then cups my cheek with his hand.

I can't get enough of his touch. It sends electricity through my body and enlightens my skin.

In this moment it feels like it's just Blake and I. Alone. Just us against the world.

Until...

*
*
*
*

Christii