"Excuse me?" he said, offended that the person had the audacity to blame him for the fall.

"I said, "the boy was still focused on scratching the dirt off of his front, "Why didn't you-" his voice faltered as he finally made eye contact with Eddie, staring at him for a few seconds, which made Eddie raise an eyebrow quizzically, the boy then cleared his throat, looking away and mumbled quietly, "Why didn't you move?"
"I didn't hear you yell dickhead "
"HOW is that possible, I'm pretty sure that all of Bangor heard me yell"
Eddie scowled and retorted, "And I'm pretty sure you yelled when you were only 2 seconds away from me"
The stranger scoffed and crouched to pick up his board, that was wedged in a patch of soil, for those random trees that are planted on the side walk, and the standing back up said ,"It was a solid five dude"
Eddie rolled his eyes at the boys stupidity, "If it was a 'solid 5', you would have swerved out of the way or even stopped instead of crashing into me"
The boy stopped for a moment to consider what Eddie had just said, "Touché, ok I'll give you that, let me help you up kid", he said offering a hand out.
Eddie cringed at the way he called him 'kid', and moved away from the hand, ignoring it and shuffling to get up on his own. He then, walked straight past the stranger and continued on his path to school.
The unknown boy jogged up behind him, skateboard tucked under his arms saying, "Hey, no need to be salty," but not getting any response then added, "I'm sorry okay? There I apologised." Still silence, tough crowd he thought, clearing his throat awkwardly. "What's your-"
"Why are you following me?" Eddie interrupted
"Well there are these thing called streets" he explained slowly, "And we, as humans, have the basic right to walk down them, anywhere we want, isn't that crazy?"
Eddie gave him a pointed look that radiated the words "No."
There was a chuckle and a shake of his head, "I guess it's just a happy coincidence that we're walking in the same direction,"
"Not a very happy coincidence in my opinion," Eddie muttered looking at the ground and shifting to the right, as far away from this boy as possible.
"Well, we're walking together whether you like it or not" the other said, with an air of finality, deciding that it was a good choice for the both of them.
"I don't even know you" Eddie pointed out
"Neither does your mom, but we still fuck every night"
Eddie stared at the boy in pure disgust, did he just make- did he really just make a mom joke? He scrunched up his nose, and if it was even possible edged further away from him,
"That's fucking disgusting"
"Not with me it is isn't," the boy said with an exaggerated wink, and then pinching the sides of his collar, pulling it outwards said, "Your man's got moves"
"Shut up"
"Not my fault you don't wanna know the juicy details" the stranger shrugged
"Yeah, your right. I don't want to know any of the non-existent, juicy details"
"Woah woah woah they are very existent....just ask your sister in nine months"
"Can you stop talking about this, please."
"Pretty sure you were the one who brought it up" he said in a matter of fact voice
"What no! It was you when you said that-you know what, never mind. Just shut up"
"You already said that"
"But it doesn't seem to be working" Eddie grumbled
"Hey, don't give me the long face. So as I was asking, what's your name?"
"You don't need to know."
"Seeing as we just had a lengthy conversation about fucking your mom, I think I have a right to know"
Come on," he said, nudging Eddie's arm with his bony elbow, "You know you want to tell me."
Eddie stayed silent.
"Ok fine I'll go first, Richie Tozier's the name and being hilarious is my game." He announced, doing a little dance with jazz hands, and a shit faced grin.
"Ha ha" Eddie said, words dripping with more sarcasm.
"Knew you weren't a Grinch", said Richie, with a click of the tongue.
"Soo, now that I've told you my name, the only way to complete the exchange, is for you to tell me yours"
Eddie sighed, knowing that there wasn't any way to get out of this, and decided to get it over and done with.
"Eddie Kaspbrak", he huffed, tightening the straps of his backpack.
"Huh, Eddie," Richie looked Eddie up and down, grinning at the small boys stature, "Cute name for a cute boy,"