Chapter 14

They stared at the area of green, where the sound had come from, trying their hardest to see what was making the noise.

Eddie moved closer to the taller boy, he wasn't so much worried about what was making the sound in comparison to being worried about not having the right medical supplies. The contents of his fanny pack ran through his mind, and he speedily began to analyse every situation, every solution for what could potentially happen, of there was in fact something dangerous in the trees around them. 

The smaller boy was just a few centimetres away from Richie. He stayed very still, staring intently at their surroundings, mumbling, "Richie I swear to fucking god-"

He was cut off by another rustle of leaves, but this time, they could make out the slight shaking of a bush, a few feet in front of them. They watched on as it the leaves began to move more and more, edging away from it slowly, so as not to let whatever was behind it, that they were there too. It would have worked too, if Richie hadn't had the urge to sneeze at that exact moment. He tried to hold it in, he really did, but the dusty air of the forest didn't help much, and before either of them knew it, he boy let out a loud 'ACHOO!'

After that, everything seemed to happen all at once. Something darted very fast out of the bush, and the boys shrieked at the loud noise, and yelled even louder, jumping to cling onto each other as a small thing cannonballed towards them.

The thing was so fast, that it rammed straight into Richie's legs, knocking the poor boy over backwards, and making Eddie scream in surprise once again.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!" Richie screamed; eyes squeezed closed, too scared to see what was happening.

"I DONT KNOW!" Eddie yelled back, his eyes also closed.

"AGHHHH GET IT OFF ME!"

"I CAN'T!"

"GET IT OFF ME!"

"I CAN'T"

"GET IT O- oh..."

The air suddenly fell silent, both boys had opened their eyes and they had stopped screaming, too shocked to scream anymore.
Richie layed still, on his back, staring in awe at the little something that had hurtled out of the bush, that was now sitting comfortably on his chest.

"Look Ed's," he said, with half a smile of his face, "It's a.... It's a tiny sheep,"
He grinned up at Eddie, who had gotten over his initial surprise fairly quickly and watched as he rolled his eyes and said, "It's a lamb idiot."

"Potato, potahtoe," Richie replied, moving his hand ever so slightly to fix his glasses that were askew on his face, still looking happily at the little sheep that sat on his chest as if nothing had happened. As if it didn't have the power to knock a human being six times its size down to the floor completely. 

Richie shifted a little, and as carefully as he could, lifted the lamb up from its middle, and set it down beside him. It let out a tiny 'baa' as its legs touched the ground, and it immediately collapsed next to Richie, appearing as if it didn't want to move. 

"Be careful Rich," Eddie said warily, as the other boy reached out to pet the lamb, which was now nibbling a leaf.

"It's so soft," Richie whispered in a childlike manner, beaming up at Eddie, with his fingers looped around a lock of fur, "Come feel it Ed's," he said beckoning the small boy over.

"I don't know.... If it's wild it could have some disease, you know my aunt pet a cat once, and she caught something.

"I'm sure she did Eds,"