Part 10

-Denki POV-

the phone guy: So, does noon work for you?

Burnt Toast: Yeah, and can we come?

Blood Sucker: yeahyeahyeah let us comeeee

"Can I have my phone back?" Shigaraki asks as he tries to look over my shoulder at the phone.

"One sec," I mutter.

[The Crusty One changed their name to: The Crusty One (as Denki)]

The Crusty One (as Denki): noon works. Are you good with me bringing two...

Burnt Toast:  H O M I  C I D A L  M A N I A C S

Blood Sucker: HOMIE-cidal maniacs.

Burnt Toast: murdering the homies since 1992

The Crusty One (as Denki): ...idiots with me to pick up the phone?

the phone guy: uhhh yeah okay

I'm about to text back when Shigaraki snatches the phone out of my hand. "Okay, you're done, we'll got get the phone and kill this dude before lunch."

"We're having lentils!" Kurogiri calls over.

"I hate lentils," Shigaraki mumbles.

"Me too," I whisper over too him.

"Can we just have  the pesto leftovers?" Shigaraki says. "Yesterday we said we were going to have sandwich stuff and pesto."

"Sure," Kurogiri says, "we'll have lentils for dinner."

"Why do we only ever talk about food and homicide?" I mumble.

"We also talk about our missions and you guys talk about video games, right? Then we also do those dnd Fridays..." Kurogiri goes on.

I slowly lower my head onto the counter as Kurogiri talks about all the different conversations we've had, ever. Why this happens every time we have lentils, I have no idea.

-Deku POV-

12:00 come around, so I throw Denki's old phone, my phone, a notebook, and few other things into my backpack. (You never know I could get kidnapped, it is the League of Villains after all.)

I run down to the common area the dorms and pray that no one is there.

....and there's Ochako, Iida, Tsuyu, and Todoroki handing out on the couches. Crud.

"Where you going?" Ochako asks.

"Duhh," I mumble, "no... where?"

"Really?" Todoroki says, picking at the couch.

"Yeah." And I book it past them to the door. Not the bravest of strategies, but very effective.

"That," Iida says, "is worrying."

-Denki POV-

Toga, Dabi, and I stand on the corner of two streets across from a busy intersection. We're on the corner we agreed to meet up on, but have no idea what this guy looks like, so we can't be sure who he is. (We really should have seen this coming.)

Then a voice speaks up from behind us. "Uh... Denki? I've got your phone." I recognize Izuku's voice and spin around, Toga and Dabi doing the same.

"Deku!" Toga almost squeals, but Dabi claps a hand over her mouth. We don't want to draw unwanted attention in a public setting. 

Midoriya extends one hand, my old phone clasped in his fist. The other hand is clenched  around one of his backpack straps.

Instead of snatching up the phone, I grab him tightly by the wrist. Then I look him in the eyes with the most non-fake-Denki look I can muster.