Part 18

how tf do i end a story

ehhh i don't wanna. anyway, have a chapter loves <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kiri POV----

At lunchtime, I get a text from Denki.

TheHumanPikachu: hey, can u call rn? need to tell you some info

I sigh. This is already taking affect on my school life, and it's not very fun. I text him back saying confirming that I can call, and pick up when it rings.

"Howdy!" Denki greets me.

"Hi," I say back trying to smush my grin off my face. "What's up?"

Before he can explain, Mina, Sero, and Bakugo walk over to me. "Are you getting your food?" Mina asks, smiling.

"Um, yeah," I say grinning back. "But I can't eat with you guys today, I've got to take this." I gesture to my phone, and then walk away, waving goodbye.

"Ohhh was that Mina?" Denki ask from the other end.

"Yup." I answer, trying to focus both on what he's saying and weave my way through a dence crowd of rowdy UA students.

"Cool, cool. Anyway, since you're our newest sort of kinda member person-" He begins.

"I'm not a member!" I insist, dodging a misfired laser and piece of swiss cheese, both flying in different directions.

"Yeah, sure. Well, we were thinking of having you over at the base and maybe letting you attend a mission planning party!" He says with vigor.

"THEY AREN'T PARTIES! THEY ARE SERIOUS MEETINGS!" I hear someone (Shigaraki?) Yell from the background.

"-I mean meetings. They're meetings. But it would be easier to just have you come then trying to relay info to you on a device that can be checked and tracked. You're also gonna need a burnout phone or a disposable phone. I know a good place to buy them!" Denki chatters cheerfully.

I blanch for a second after hearing Denki say methods of spying that he must have used when he was the traitor in such a off-hand manner, and I realize just how far in over my head I am.

"Uhh...sounds good..." I mumble, ducking a rouge avocado as it sails over my head.  "But how am I gonna get there? We'll have to be careful. And security is even tighter since your last attack."

"We have our ways..." Denki says sinisterly.

"You're gonna have to tell me."

He chuckles evilly. "You must go to the frozen yogurt shop on [insert street name here] and ask for... the double chocolate malt."

"Is that like a code word or something?" I ask, wondering how many secrets the LOV has.

"No, I just want you to get my ice cream. We'll pick you up outside the shop though. I think you're more of a Dreamsicle kind of guy though. Oh- one second- they want me to tell me their order to. You might want o get some paper. Shiggy wants vanilla with just a CRAP TON of gummy bears, Toga wants vanilla (she'll bring her own toppings), -you getting this down?"

"Yeah," I mutter as I save the orders in my phone.

"Great!" Denki then continues to rattle off orders, then we both say goodbye and end the call, deciding to meet up at the yogurt place after I get out of school to take me to a planning party/meeting. (They weren't very clear on which it was-)

-Denki POV-

After getting off the call, I stretch and swivel around in my bar stool.  Tomura is sitting at the bar grumbling about something or other to Kurogiri, Dabi is out on a mission with Twice and Spinner, Toga's at work (she was the most inconspicuous one, so she got a job at a diner not too far from base to cover and extra expenses, and I was going to probably get a job when the whole Traitor cooled down a bit more.), Compress was off doing who knows what, and Izuku was probably over by the TV.

I hopped up from my stool and jogged into the other room to check on Izuku, making sure to whack  Tomura on the back of the head on my way.

"Hey!" Tomura growled, but I kept jogging.

I slide into the living room and immediately notice Izuku staring at the TV with a look of shock on his face, which is drained of  all color. It looks like he's watching a news broadcast, and his face is displayed on the screen with the word MISSING under in in big red text.

"What going on?" I ask, worried.

"They...dropped my case." Izuku says breathlessly. 

"What?" I gasp, sitting next to him, hoping for a way to help.

"They stopped looking for me...they looked for two months and gave up since there was no new evidence."

"Oh..." I mutter. "I'm so, so sorry." And I really am. He really was on a path to become a great hero, an now he's leverage for a group of villains trying to break down the very spirit of the dream that he has worked toward all his life. 

"And the worst part is," Izuku says, his voice breaking and wavering, "they said that I might be in league with villains, or another traitor, and they're right! I told you the rotations for the patrols and now someone is dead. It's my fault."

"It's not! You had just gone through a literal kidnapping, which is something you couldn't control-"

"But I could have! I could have tried harder to escape to fight back, like Kacchan did." Izuku hiccups.

"One, don't compare yourself to him, you're a hundred times more the person he is. Two, in all the situations you could have escaped you would have hurt innocent civilians." Why am I consoling him?   He's a hostage AND a hero...I shouldn't care! 

"You're right," Izuku mumbles, clenching his fists on his knees.

"Yeah..." Only two months, and they stopped looking for a missing kid. Has All Might stopped trying? How did Inko handle this? How can I help? Why do I want to help? I on Earth do I care about these people? Why am I wondering about myself at a time like this?

"I'm- well I'm not much help getting you home, but I'm here for you." I say, trying my best to be helpful.

"Thank you," Izuku mumbles.

I give him a hug, then stand up and stumble away to my room, resolving to give him some space, leaving Izuku crying on the couch over lost hope.

I run into my room, slam the door and slide down to lean against it and sit on the floor. I stare down at my hands, trying to breathe.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

SLIGHTLY angsty chapter,,,but y'know we're just trying to keep this story scooting along.

have a nice day y'all

if it's night, mayyybbe go to bed but still have a nice night.

buh bye