Throughout the night, I couldn't help but let my eyes drift over to the twins a few times. Padma and Parvati were normally leant over, brushing the boys arms and saying something that looked to be flirty, but I was comforted by the fact that Fred and George usually looked as if they wished they could be any other place. They even removed one of the girls hands a few times.

Harry and I shared a few more dances. They were never awkward or anything, I actually had quite a lot of fun talking to him as we danced along the floor, it just wasn't flirty. I was happy to have him with me as my date that night, I just hoped he didn't actually see it as a 'date'.

We stayed at the dance until most people started to leave, and then we made our way to the Gryffindor common room where the party would take place.

~~~~~~~~~

When we walked in, the party was already in full swing. The school turned a blind eye to parties after the ball, mostly because the younger students weren't allowed and we were leaving the school the next day, so each of the houses threw their own party, no one worrying about noise.

There was loud music playing, and the room was full to capacity of Gryffindors, everyone still in their outfits from the ball. Most of the boys had taken their jackets off and rolled up their sleeves and most of the girls had put their hair up. There was a suspiciously abundant amount of alcohol, and I assumed that a bunch seventh years must have bought some because there wasn't anybody that I knew that could gain access to this much alcohol.

"Let's go get drinks!" Ginny yelled to us, already making her way over to the drink table. I laughed and followed along behind her, trying to keep up through all of the people that were moving about the room.

She handed me a drink in a red cup and I took a sip of it, the liquid burning as it traveled down my throat and leaving a warm sensation in my chest and stomach.

"What the hell is this?" I asked her.

"Dunno, just drink it," She said and poured herself a cup.

We made our way back over to our friends, bringing them each a drink, and we all switched between dancing and talking, sipping our drinks and getting more and more tipsy as the night went on.

"Y/n," I heard from behind me, also feeling an arm grasping mine.

"Hm?" I asked, turning around to see Harry.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked, obviously having a bit more to drink than I had.

I nodded and followed him into the quiet hallway right outside the common room, the sound of muffled music filling the space. I leant my back against the cool wall and watched him, waiting for him to say something.

He took me by surprise and leant forward and kissed me in a desperate kiss, which I returned for a moment but pushed him off of me.

"Harry," I said sympathetically.

He looked at me and sighed. "I know," he said in a defeated voice before leaning his back on the stone wall next to me.

I turned my head to look at him as he looked at the other wall in the hallway. "I'm really sorry. It's just- I have feelings for someone else".

He turned his head to look at me, both of the sides of our faces pressed against the cool wall that was vibrating from the loud music and dancing inside. He let out another sigh. "Fred and George, right?".

"I- what- how did you-" I muttered out.

He turned his head so that he was looking at the opposite wall again. "I mean I always had a hunch, and I was positive that they liked you, but I could see how you were looking at them tonight. It was kind of obvious," he said, slurring his words a bit. "Sorry, I think I might be a bit drunk right now". He let out a little hiccup, proving his point.