Chapter 4

The rest of the day was pretty boring, but in a good way. I didn't have anymore classes with Ginny or the twins, and Hermione and I only had transfigurations together because she had already taken all of my other ones during the whole time-turner fiasco. Nothing exciting really happened, but these kind of days were what I had missed most over the summer. Just going to classes and eating lunch with my friends at my favorite place - learning how to become amazing witches and wizards.

The rest of the school day went by pretty quickly, and I was soon on my way back up to our dorm. I was thinking about how difficult all of our classes we're going to be this next year, judging by the first day. Mcgonnagal had given us a whole lecture one how "since we're fifth years" she's not going to go easy on us and how expectations are high. All of my other teachers basically said the same thing in different words.

I was busy thinking about how I was going to get all of my studying done that year while I was  walking down an empty hall to get to the common room when I felt 2 bodies walking on either side of me, shoulders knocking into either of my sides. I looked up to both sides to find the twins.

"Meet us over by the lake," Fred said.

"What?" I asked confused.

"For the Umbridge prank?" George reminded me from my other side.

"Oh, right. I forgot about that," I said while shaking my head. "When?" I asked.

"Ten," Fred said.

"That late? That's after curfew," I said, unsure.

"Yeah, but we have to wait for Umbridge to leave her office, and she always stays in there forever. Probaby making new torture devices for students," He said while elbowing me in my side.

I chuckled. "Okay, I'll see you guys then".

They turned around and walked back in the other direction, I assumed for quidditch practice.

As they walked away, all I could think about was how glad that I had become friends with them in the more recent years. They were honestly the funniest people that I had ever met and I don't know how I would have gotten through my time at Hogwarts without them and the constant entertainment that they provided me.

"Y/n!" Hermione greeted me once I entered our room, interrupting my thoughts of Fred and George.

"Hm?" I said while setting my bag down on the ground and then flopping backwards onto my bed.

"We need to get started on our schoolwork," Hermione chastised.

I looked up from my position on my back. "No we don't, Mione. We don't even have any homework tonight," I said with a bored expression.

"Well it would be best to get started on preparing for what we're going to learn. We have the books".

I groaned and threw my head back. "I'm not studying Hermione".

The next hour consisted of me trying to read my book or coax Hermione to do something with me, and her refusing and trying to get me to study for our nonexistent tests. After becoming fed up with her, I decided to head over to the quidditch pitch and watch Ginny and the Twins. I knew that the beginning of the year practices were never that exciting because they had to get the new players used to the game, but anything was better than boring my brains out with Hermione in that room.

While walking over to the field, I took the scenic route through Hogwarts. I passed by the large lake, resting with still waters, looking serene as ever. It looked much different than it had last year during the triwizard tournament, no longer thrashing with monsters and students trying save their friends. I will never forget how scary it was, waiting for Hermione and Ron to be saved from the dangerous waters. I knew that they weren't actually drowning or anything, but it is very nerve wracking to have two of your best friends frozen underwater while another friend has to try and save them. I shivered as I remembered my anxiety for Hermione that day.