Chapter 6- Sixty Percent Of His Handsomeness

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, i'm not the one who looks like she got asked for a magic carpet ride," She muttered, thinking I wouldn't hear her.

I scoffed at her as I pushed her playfully when we neared the car. I accidentally let a chuckle slip out before my hand reached the door handle.

~

"Hey, Mr Campbell," Vic acknowledged my dad as we entered my house. Vic was like his second daughter, always around the house.

"Hey, Dad."

"Hello, Victoria and Hayley," he said as he engulfed me and her in a hug. "How was school?"

"Good," replied Vic, giddy as she sat at the kitchen counter.

"Eh."

My dad laughed at our replies, shaking his head. "You're still going to the swimming hole, right?"

Vic and I both nodded our heads in unison. My throat was rather parched so I made my way over to the fridge to get out a bottle of coke.

"Okay, have fun," he said. "Oh and Vic, try and get her to actually have fun." He winked at her.

Vic let out a laugh and said, "Don't you worry, she sure will."

I continued to pour the coke into two glasses as i raised my eyebrows at her. What did she mean by that? I didn't think too much of it and placed one of the glasses in her hand.

Soon enough, my mind was cleared as we left the kitchen and into my room. Vic was doing God knows what in there and I had just taken a shower. Granted, I was going to get dirty today but still. My hands reached for the white towel that was on my towel holder and dried my wet hair. Once it was secured over my head, I walked into my bedroom to see Vic sprawled over my bed on her phone.

She was doing her own thing and so was I.

" I heard Kai hooks up with a lot of girls," Vic mentioned all of a sudden with a look of interest on her face. Though she was talking to me, her eyes were glued to her screen.

I sat down at my dresser ready to blow dry my hair. Obviously, I wasn't going to do any makeup because it would have melted away the second we arrived in the humid area. "Okay?" I said in more of a question-like tone because I wasn't sure why she was asking. When I did ask her she made a noise and that was it. That was very odd of her. Then again she was always odd.

I pulled open my drawer and searched for the blow dryer before pressing the button. I began my routine and then put on black mom jeans and a baddy cream sweater. Underneath, I obviously had my bathing suit on. I had packed the night before so I was all set. I packed like a million pairs of underwear like I was planning on shitting myself a hundred times while I was there. Though it was a day trip, I had to pack a spare pair of clothes.

"Just letting you know, in case you wanna go for him," said Vic, nonchalantly.

I scoffed. It was highly unlikely that I would willingly even set foot in the same room with him, forget dating him. "Yeah, I don't think that'll be a problem because I will not be dating him."

"Who said anything about dating him? Hookups would be fine too," Vic teased with a wink.

I grabbed the pillow on my bed and threw it straight at her head. Just in time, she dodged it and looked surprised as she stood up right once again. "HEY!" In retaliation, she snatched the same pillow and tossed it back at my head which I caught with ease; having a brother proved to be useful at some points.

~

We walked over to Amalia's house because both of us didn't feel like driving and surely enough there would be enough cars. The walk wasn't too long just enough so I wasn't panting like crazy because I could hardly walk up the stairs.