Chapter 54 - I'm sorry

Start from the beginning

I looked at them, silently begging at least one of them to step up and help but they didn't. I caught eye contact with a couple of them and they just dropped their gaze to the ground.

"Well, I guess this is going to be harder than I thought. Come on you three, to my office" He motioned for the three of us to start walking and I led the way.

He just started walking behind us when a voice unexpectedly spoke and what was said, and by who, shocked me completely.

"I saw what happened" The voice said and we all turned around, completely shocked including our peers who all sent glares to her, hoping to shut her up but she didn't back down.

She was crazy.

She was Kate.

I know I've done a lot of bad things, but not once, did I expect to be sitting in the back of a police car on the way to the station, not knowing what's going to happen later on.

For all I know, Kate could side with Nate or even Louis and blame the whole thing on me.

Which honestly terrifies me.

I usually wouldn't admit that because of my 'tough', 'bad boy' personality but I honestly don't care at the moment, I've never been so scared in my life.

"Harry Styles" An officer whose name I've learnt to be Bryan, called as he opened the door to the room that I was currently locked in- 'at least it's not a cell' I thought to myself.

"You're free to go" He said as he came over and unlocked the cuffs that were attached my hands to the table.

"Your mother is waiting outside for you, everything's filled out, have a nice day" He said, clearly bored with his job but I don't care though, I'm free to go.

Why am I free to go? They thought I was guilty of assault 3 hours ago when I was brought here but now it's different?

I walk into the hallway, escorted by Bryan, all eyes of people seem to be on me as if I've just commit murder and gotten away with it.

I walked outside, expecting to see my mother moping and ready to hit me in the face with a brick, but she seemed abnormally happy that I was here.

"HARRY" My mother screamed, clearly excited to see me as she ran towards me and gave me a hug.

My mum pinched my cheeks multiple times, telling me how she loves me and how she knows I did nothing wrong and all that shit when I saw her face light up.

I turned around and was face to face with the only person that helped me get out of there.

Before I even thought it through, I walked forward and hugged her and she hugged back which shocked me.

She nuzzled her head into the crook of my neck and held me closer.

"I missed this" She mumbled. I've felt the same since we stopped talking all those years ago.

"I'm so sorry" I mumbled in reply and held her even closer to me, if possible.

It was silent for a while, neither of us saying anything as we embraced each other.

"Why do you hate me?" Kate asked quietly. She sounded as if she was about to break. Like she was glass that could smash at any time, into a million pieces.