03. a charming wedding

The wedding was charming, if a little gauche

Months turned into years before Henry decided to pop the question. He was sure Estella was the one, and he had the perfect plan to propose to the love of his life. A beachside picnic.

"Estella, it's going to get dark soon. I think we should get going," Henry called up the stairs. Estella was struggling to pick a dress and Henry was getting slightly impatient but he knew this was how she was. Estella was a mix of emotions paired with a headstrong personality.

"Oh don't worry! There's nothing wrong with dark, I think the ocean looks more beautiful at night. Give me two minutes," Estella responded. Estella strayed away from the normalcy of things and tended to do her own thing, something Henry was quite fond of.

"Anyways, I don't need those two minutes anymore darling. I finally finished," She announced as her feet tapped each step . She stood in front of Henry, almost a head shorter. Henry smiled down at her and kissed her warm forehead.

The couple walked down the sandy trail to the crashing waves. Henry laid down the woven blanket and the duo began emptying the picnic basket of its contents. Henry peered inside the basket to make sure the velvet box was still in it.

"How much food did we bring? It seems this basket is never ending. Wait, what is this?" Estella asked, feeling the velvet box at the bottom. She fished it out and held it in her hand.

Her thin hands shook as she grasped the box in her hands. She looked up at Henry. who was grinning ear to ear.

"Will you do me the honor of marrying me Este?" He asked while the shock was still apparent on her face. Estella let the tears run down her face. She threw herself at him and wrapped her frail arms around his neck.

"Yes, a million times yes," She answered through her tears.

And within a month, a charming wedding had been planned and the couple got married on the beachside with their close inner circle. They popped champagne bottles and danced all night without a worry in the world, but life wasn't done with Estella just yet.