"No." Both deadpanned, looking directly at her.

      Sarah laughed a little. "What's the fun in that?"

      Davey rolled his eyes as Jack stood up "I should...get going. Crutch is probably worried.."

      Davey stood up walking to the door and opening it for him, "Back here 7 oclock. Ill be on the roof." He leaned in the doorframe "I want to hear this voice of yours." Jack let out a laugh "Bye Jackie." Davey pushed off the doorframe, giving a small smile and closing the door.

      And that's when Jack started to panic.

      Around 6:55 Jack was back at Daveys. He let himself in to find the apartment empty. He had brought his guitar, planning on getting Davey to sing something. Pulling the case closer to him he began the climb to the roof.

      "I told you Sarah I don't have time for it."
      "You always have time to find someone."
      "Well I don't. I don't stand a chance against everyone else, especially when it comes to him."
      "Oh please David! I have a girl, Sarahs looking for one-"
      "And its going good."
      "The least you can do is try."
      "Maybe. But he's just so perfect and I'm just me."

      Jack put two and two together. How Davey hadn't been blushing when he smirked anymore. How he wasn't awkward when they "cuddled" and now this mystery guy Davey seemed head over heels for just by how he talked about him.

Perfect.

      It's not like Jack couldn't sleep anymore because of Davey. His perfect eyes and beautiful laugh, he rambled for hours with Crutchie about him. Even when he was with Katherine he knew he liked him. All hopes of ever being with David just flipped him off and jumped out a window.

      Despite the ache in his chest he hoisted himself up onto the roof with a smile, "Hey Dave!"

      Sarah kissed Davey's cheek and ran back down the fire escape, Les on her heels.

      "Hey Jack." Davey was wearing that dumb turtle neck, but black instead of green. He had his glasses again as well and oh my god he was nice to look at.

      "I brought my guitar."
      Davey seemed surprised "You play?"

       "Have since freshman year. I picked it up as something to do when I ran out of things to paint on." He joked, taking it out of the case. "How 'bout you? Since you sing so well and all." He smirked a little, which received a scoff and eye roll from David.

      "A bit of piano." He shrugged. Jack hummed, tuning the guitar. "What songs do you know?" David asked, breaking the silence that was lasting a little too long.

      "A lot. Little bit of everything really." He shrugged, strumming it.

      "A sounds a little flat." Jack looked up at Davey, knitting his eyebrows together in confusion. Davey stuck his hands in his pockets, "I have a disease called perfect pitch." He joked  "It's annoying at times."

      Jack laughed a little "No that's really cool! I thought you only played piano though."

      Davey nodded "That's one of the ""perks"" I guess. Any instrument I just kinda....yeah."

      Jack knew what he meant. "So, you sing first."
      "First?"
      "Yes first," Davey sat on the railing wall, his back facing the city, "Now sing."

      Jack laughed a little, his voice was definitely more fit for theatre, it wasn't soft, smooth and more belty. But it was still decent. Davey watched and listened intently, a small smile on his face.

      "That was great, Jackie!" He beamed when Jack finished.

      Jack rolled his eyes "Yeah yeah ok. Your turn!"

      Davey looked down, "I dunno, I don't think I can compare with that.."

      Jack sighed dramatically "You did not just get my hopes up- ya know what?" He started to play the introduction to a song.

      Davey gave him a look "Really?'

      "Yes. Now sing for me!" Davey laughed at the subtle reference and began singing. Jack almost dropped his guitar. His voice was amazing. The perfect calming hum and a beautiful head voice for higher reaches. He threw in a few riffs here and there that sounded almost auto tuned they were so perfect.

      "You mean to tell me you can sing like that, and you're an English major!?" Jack asked when Davey finished singing.

      Davey laughed, "It's not the best.."

      Jack cut in, "No it's better than the best!" He paused for a moment "Was theatre your first choice of major?"

    "How'd you know?" Davey joked.

      Jack laughed with him, looking down at his guitar and just playing a soft melody. "Your voice is....its incredible."

      "Wow you're making me blush." Davey said sarcastically. "It would be amazing being a theatre teacher maybe even making it to Broadway." He looked up at the sky "But the pays not good and not many high schools in the area have decent theatre programs surprisingly."

      "I think you could pull it off."

      "Actually?"

      The two spent the rest of the night just enjoying eachothers company. Jack learned a lot more about Davey and Davey learned a lot about Jack. Just sitting here talking was all Jack could ask for really. This right here, this friendship they had, was probably as close as he would ever get with Davey and he had to come to terms with that. But sitting there that night, Davey in his lap and the two asleep under the stars, both sparks were reignited and all of this, well it was only the beginning.