Reunited

Jack had helped Davey walk around the hospital a little. Only a few minutes every other hour. Davey had hated sitting so much, but everything hurt, and walking was draining. So sitting around was his best option.

It was around 11 o'clock at night now, Jack was asleep, leaning on Davey's shoulder, and Davey was eating. Again. Jack had made him cut down on the coffee after four cups over the span of one hour. But it kept Davey awake for long enough periods of time to actually talk to people, so here we are on cup number 5.

"We're here! We're alive!" Blink ran into the hospital room, out of breath, Mush right behind him.
"Finally!" Davey rolled his eyes playfully.
Blink sat down in a chair by the bed, "How ya doin kid?" Mush plopped down in his lap, looking at Davey with worried eyes.

Mush cared about Davey way more than anyone else. Of course, his family did, Jack and Blink love him as well, but Mush was always right there for Davey no matter what. He would drop everything for Davey and Davey would do the same in return. Davey gave a small nod "Better, Jack has helped a lot."

Mush relaxed, a huge smile spreading across his face. "You really like him don't you?"
"Are you just now realizing this?" Blink teased.

Mush rolled his eyes, flicking Blink's forehead. Jack stirred, adjusting his head on Davey's shoulder. All three boys froze, they all knew Jack hadn't slept peacefully in a good long while. When Jack settled back in Davey eased up again, Jack's face was now buried in his neck and he couldn't help the blush or the butterflies, which he wasn't quite used to yet but he didn't think he ever wanted to be.

Another nurse came in and got Davey cleared to leave. "He's able to go tomorrow evening if that works for you two." She smiled softly at Blink and Mush, who both nodded.

Davey didn't particularly like nurses, or doctors for that matter. They made him so uncomfortable. And he did not need someone babying him. The nurse left them alone again with some paperwork for Blink.

"You did it again?" Davey gave them a look.

"We were passing for 21 at 16, David, and you still look like a teenager. We're using this to our advantage." Mush smiled wide.

Davey laughed softly, causing Jack to wake up with the shake of his shoulders. "Sorry Jack," he sighed a bit, "It was Blink's fault."

Jack sat up, stretching and smiling a little, "Always is."
"Whats that supposed ta mean?!" Blink looked up at Jack, raising an eyebrow.

"Just fill out the paperwork so I can go home." Davey huffed. Jack absolutely lit up, "You're coming home? When?"
"Tomorrow evening." Jack shrank back down, "Dammit thats a whole day!"
"You'll live." Davey laughed again, ruffling his hair.

Tomorrow evening came a lot slower than Davey thought it was. It was less than 24 hours, but with Jack at classes and working all day, and sitting in an empty hospital room with the Discovery channel just missing Jack, well that did not speed up the time.

Five o'clock rolled around and the nurses came back in, helping Davey out of bed and telling him to 'take it easy' for a few more weeks. Great. More sitting.

Jack had strolled into the room in the middle of their lecture, he ran over to Davey's side, wrapping an arm around his waist. Davey leaned into him, easing up a lot. He could rely on Jack for balance for a little while which would be nice.

"Dinner? Go back to my place and hang out on the roof or watch a movie?" Jack asked when they got to his car.

Davey leaned back in the seat, a small smile on his face. "All of the above."