♡ 𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫 ♡

Start from the beginning

"You'll get those good results," (Y/N) seethed, her knuckles going white with how tight she held the phone to her ear.

"You better. You are a (L/N), don't forget that. I will not be having you ruin our name," 

Ah yes, the famous name. (L/N). She had a status to uphold. Certain expectations come from that name, and that thought always lingered in her brain. Every second, every decision, every failure. 

And here (Y/N) thought she had escaped it.

"I'm not ruining it," The younger girl mumbled, feeling the warm water slip out of her eyes. 

"You're not?" Her mother laughed from the other side, the supposedly happy aspects of a laugh completely gone, instead replaced by hate and bitterness, "You really think so? All the other children of our connections are taking classes here in Tokyo, not in Miyagi. What's next? Any other college except Tokyo University or overseas is not good enough. And with the way things are going, you'll end up going to some random university! My money and connections aren't going to get you in if you plan to spend this summer slacking off!"

"I'm not slacking off!" (Y/N) insisted, now breaking down, "I swear-"

"Then show me,"  (M/N) spat, "Or you are not my daughter,"

And with that, her mother hung up.

The phone slipped out of her hand, landing on the grass with a thud.

Shaking sobs escaped her lips. Digging her head into her hands, she cried on the floor, letting her mother's words reach her. 

What am I doing wrong? I thought it was going so well. I thought it had stopped.

So why... why am I...?

"(Y/N)?" A concerned voice asked from the gym doors.

Immediately she felt a pair of arms wrap around her, her blurred eyes just getting a peek of his grey hair. Suga hugged her tightly, just letting her cry into his chest. He lightly stroked her hair, whispering comforting words into her ear.

"I hate her," (Y/N) cried, "I hate her!"

The setter had an idea about who she was talking about, but just let her continue to let the spitfire of hate roll of her tongue. 

Truth be told, this was not how Suga imagined the first time he held the girl in his arms, but he didn't mind. It was honestly incredibly surprising to see the girl like this. He never, ever, saw her as the type to break down as such. But maybe that's why it was happening. All crashing down at once. 

"It's okay," He assured, "You're okay," 

After a good minute of (Y/N) weeping in his arms, her breathing slowed, her shaking body stilling and calming down. 

She eventually sat back, wiping her eyes as she gave the boy a smile.

A smile.

Even after all that, she smiled for him. 

She changed her personality like a switch, suppressing every bit of negative emotion behind some door as quickly as it came spilling out.