A ✕ Strange ✕ Warmth

Killua carried you to his room and gently placed you down on his bed, pulling the blanket over you to warm up your freezing body.

He sat down on the side of the bed and looked at you with sympathetic eyes.

"I'm sorry... that you have to go through all this pain..."
He whispered to you softly.

Killua bit his lip as his eyes stayed fixed on you.

"Why did I save her? Moreover, why am I doing all this for her? Am I doing this out of pity? No... I'm probably trying to atone for my sins. I'm selfish... I'm doing this for the innocent people that I've killed and abandoned..."

Killua placed a hand on your face and stroked it gently.
"Her face is so cold..."

You suddenly felt warmth on your skin and start opening your eyes a bit.
"Where... am I...?"

You tried to clear your mind and figure out what had happened. But you were too tired to think or move. Not just that your memory was in a mess, you felt both physically and mentally exhausted.

You started regaining consciousness, but your vision was blurred. You tilted your head slightly to see a blurry image of a white haired boy looking at you.
"Who... are you...?"

---------------------------------------

Your P.O.V
"Don't worry. I won't bring any harm to you."
He said to me with a reassuring smile. It was such an unfamiliar place, and I was alone with someone that I don't even know.

"Was he the one who took me here? Who is he?"
I didn't recognise anything around me, not even the current situation.
"But why...? I'm not afraid at all."

Rather than being scared, I felt safe around him. His presence was soothing and his affectionate smile gave me a warm feeling that allowed me to keep calm. His alluring blue eyes hid unfathomable emotion, yet it was filled with kindness and sympathy as he looked at me. His existence was enough to put me at ease.
"Why...? He's a stranger..."

---------------------------------------

Kikyo came into the room as she glared at you. The sight of you laying on Killua's bed filled her with disgust.

"Why is a stranger like her resting on Kil's bed?! Never mind, she'll get killed anyways. Kil is probably just intrigued by her because she's about the same age as him. He'll realise how worthless she is and lose interest in her sooner or later."

She looked at Killua solemnly.
"Kil, you know what to do, right?"

Killua looked at you one last time, then stood up with his hands in his pockets. He walked towards the exit of the room with his head down and walked passed his mother.

"Yeah. I know."
He said emotionlessly.

You were still in a sleepy condition, so you couldn't fully understand the situation. The last thing you heard was the sound of the door closing.

"Did he leave...? No... don't leave me alone..."
You muttered to yourself.

You wanted to chase after him and find out about everything that had happened. You wanted him to stay by your side, but you were too dizzy to stay awake and do anything. Your eyelids felt heavy, and slowly, you drifted into a deep sleep.