Chapter 9: Old friend

Start from the beginning

Oscar held my phone tightly in his hand with eyes fixated on the message like a predator analysing everything about it's prey.

"A short message of congratulations, a bit about how he's happy you got out and that Eleanor will be devastated with you winning her. Little does the fucker know that she's coming back to me. He's attached details of the exchange. It's arranged for 3 days time".

"3 days? We're fucked" I collapsed back into my chair wondering how we were gonna get everything prepared in that short of time. Oscar struggled to walk let alone hold a gun. 

"I wouldn't say that with some of the connections I have".

I watched Oscar as he passed me back my phone and grabbed his own. 

I remained silent watching as Oscar struggled to use his phone, but eventually held the phone to his ear.

"It's been a long time, but I need your help. Yeah, I'll be there in 45 minutes. Bye".

Oscar hung up on the call and slipped his phone into his pocket.

"You gonna fill me in?".

"Give me the sat nav, we're going to visit and old friend of mine".

**********************

2 hours later

Oscar

"Are you sure you're at the right place? This looks like something from a Goddamn fairy tale". 

He made a valid point. In Sofia's eyes, this would be her dream house. And if I wasn't involved in this life, then I too would probably downsize to a cosy little house like this. It was isolated with nature surrounding it. Forests on their backdoor, fields to the left and right. It was the most beautiful little house you would ever find. 

"Yes. Now, let's go. I'll probably receive an earful for being late".

"Hey, it wasn't my fault. The satnav kept directing me to all the food services. It also wasn't very easy to find this place". 

Ignoring his childish comments, I slowly got myself out the car before looking up at the little house. 

Not waiting for Cole, I held onto the handle bar and climbed up the steps decorated with little fairy lights on the railings. 

"Dude, slow down" Cole called out after me but stopped when we both reached the door. 

My hand was poised ready to knock, but I stopped dead in my tracks when the only sound that could be heard was a woman moaning loudly from behind the door. 

Bangs and crashes could be heard from inside the house as two people engaged in some very vigorous sex. 

Manly grunts and a woman's moans got louder as Cole and I awkwardly waited in the silence.

"They are expecting us, right?" Cole asked almost making me doubt my answer.

"Yeah. He knows".

Not wanting to listen any longer, I knocked loudly on the door making the moans fall silent. 

Cole and I looked at one another as the two people in the hallway stopped their antics and started rushing around at the sudden intrusion.

After a couple of minutes, the door flew open to reveal an old friend of mine desperately catching his breath.

"Hello James. Did we interrupt something?".

 Did we interrupt something?"