the korean male grabbed renjun's small body instead, and lifted it with no effort, carrying him like a baby.

renjun took this opportunity to wrap his legs around the boy's waist and his arms around his neck to sob on his shoulder. no matter what their relationship at the moment was, jeno's body radiated comfort and calm.

jeno closed the front door with his foot and walked to the couch, caressing renjun's back in a comforting manner. he sat on the couch with renjun on his lap, straddling him.

"what got you in such a state?" he asked.

"j-jaemin..." renjun continued crying hard; jeno could feel the tears passing through the fabric of his clothes.

"what's with jaemin?"

"h-he... i kissed him. and he actually responded to the kiss... but then..." he couldn't finish his sentence because of his cries.

jeno's heart sunk into his chest.

renjun had kissed jaemin? and jaemin had kissed back?

but why would he go to jeno's house and kiss him as well then?

nothing made sense.

"then what?" jeno asked, involuntarily harshly, but he was too jealous to control his sayings.

renjun didn't respond, he kept sobbing.

"renjun. look at me." jeno pulled the boy so that they could face each other. he wiped his tears, melting at the sight. renjun was one beautiful being... "stop crying, please. it saddens me." he told sincerely.

renjun nodded, trying to calm his cries.

"tell me what happened next." jeno spoke once renjun had calmed down.

"he told me to forget him." renjun said, his bottom lip quivering. "and then he disappeared."

jeno nodded, caressing renjun's waist with his thumbs.

"he came to my house after." he told, making renjun widen his eyes.

"w-what?"

"he was weird. i could see he had cried. and then, out of nowhere, he kissed me."

renjun's body stiffened, having the same incomprehension as jeno a few minutes before.

"and after the kiss, he left, apologizing for leaving you and i." jeno finished, looking into renjun's eyes.

however, his attention was brought to renjun's bottom lip which was quivering a lot more than before.

"hey." he said in a low voice, placing a finger on renjun's lip to stop it from moving. "don't cry."

but when he pronounced these words, tears were already falling like a cascade on the chines's pale cheeks, and jeno's fingers weren't enough to wipe them all.

"let me get you a tissue." jeno said, lifting renjun a bit to fish a tissue in his pocket. but when he did that, not only did he pull a tissue, but he also pulled out a white feather...

"where did you find that?" renjun asked, his voice breaking in the middle of the sentence.

jeno sighed, taking the soft feather between his fingers. "you would never believe me..."

"j-jaemin." renjun whispered.

"what?"

"y-you found it on jaemin." renjun clarified, not articulating much because of the many emotions fighting in his body.

"how do you know?" jeno asked, looking at the boy in the eye.

"after i kissed him... he... he had those two huge and fluffy white things... they looked so much like- "

"wings." jeno finished renjun's sentence. "he had them after kissing me as well..."

"b-but..." renjun sniffled. "what does that mean?" he asked, leaning on jeno's body again.

jeno sighed, wrapping an arm around renjun, and twirling the feather in his other hand.

"as impossible as it seems, i think jaemin is an angel..."

"an angel?" renjun questioned, crying again.

"he has the looks, he has the personality, he has the innocence... and we both saw he had the wings..." jeno told.

"a-and... w-where could he be now?"

jeno looked at the sky through the window, a tear falling from his eye.

"probably above the clouds..."