"Where are you? What happened?"

"I'm at the police station."

"I'm... I'm so sorry." - He said and could hear him crying.

"It's okay, baby. It's okay. Not your fault, yeah? People are just trying to incriminate me. It's okay. Just need to tell you something." - By my side the officer was making me signs that I only had two minutes left. I had to hurry. - "I just need you to keep calm, to stay safe, and not worry about me. I'm fine. Okay? Please don't cry." - I said as fast as I could. - "I don't have much time to talk, but Harry, I'm going to ask you something from the bottom of my heart. Did you tell the truth? Because, maybe it'll save me from going to jail. I'm not forcing you or whatever. I understand that you are afraid, okay? I'm afraid too, because I want you alive and safe. And right now, I'm not there to help, and I don't think they'll let me go anytime soon." - I sighed. -  "I don't judge you baby. I want you to know that."

"I... I want to keep talking to you."

"You're going to be fine, Harry. I'm going to do my best to keep you protected. We'll find a way, yeah? I'm going to miss you, though."

"Why? Wait, are they sending you to jail already?"

"I don't know. Maybe?" - I said, biting my lip and containing my tears.

"But I need you." - He said and I smiled.

"I guess you'll have to fight for me?"

"I'm going to get you out of there, I promise, Lou."

"Thanks." - I sighed in relief. That was all I wanted to hear. - "I really have to go now."

"Wait, Lou. One more thing."

"Mhm?"

"I... I told Austin I didn't want to be with him anymore."

"Really?" - I could feel a big smile forming on my face.

"Yes." - He said shyly.

"I'm proud of you, Baby. You stood up for yourself."

"Yeah." - He whispered. - "Please take care of yourself, Lou."

"You too, baby. Please be safe."

With that, I just hung up.
I wasn't behind bars yet, I was just under investigation, so I still had my hopes up. But I still needed Harry to speak on my behalf. To speak the truth.

🚲

Richard, my lawyer, arrived twenty minutes later, and they allowed me to speak with him. I told him everything that happened, right from the beginning, I left nothing out.
I told him how Harry and I met, how things progressed from there, how I knew he was in danger, how Harry's injuries weren't my fault, that was all on Austin.
I told him that Harry said he would help me. And that I really wanted to believe him.

After he took notes of everything, he seemed displeased.

"How bad is it?"

"Honestly, Louis. It's bad."

"I know, I know." - I sighed. - "But please, I know you can get me out of here."

"Why did you get yourself in the middle of this mess? We had the upper hand in the case and know..." - He ran a hand on his hair.

"I know. But I couldn't do nothing. I couldn't step away from this. I needed... I needed to help."

Richard nodded.

"Alright, let's think about how we're getting out of this."

"Sure."

"Okay, you need to know what had happened in the last twenty-four hours while you were in the hospital with Harry. First, Charles Kellian is now allied with your ex-boyfriend Jamie Hunt. And they are telling horrible made-up stories about you to the world. They are all over the news, they are using every single platform I can't even keep up. Then, Harry's and Austin's statement to the police about last night didn't help either. Now Kellian's lawyer is saying that on the last trial you manipulated Harry to speak well about you, that he committed perjury. Because now there's proof that you've been abusive with him as well."

"But that isn't true!" - I punched the table. - "Harry didn't commit perjury, and I surely wasn't abusive."

He sent me a scolding look.

"Calm down. You're no position to make any more scandals." 

I sighed.

"Fine. Keep going."

"Alright, first, we need Harry to speak. It's our best chance. But if that doesn't work, I have a plan B."

"Which is?"

"I don't want to tell you yet." - He said and I sighed in frustration.

"Why?"

"Because you're very impulsive sometimes. And I need to keep you out of this."

"Fair enough." - I rolled my eyes. - "Can't we just offer them money to shut their mouths?" 

"Yes, but I'm sure they will ask for a huge amount of money. Not only Kellian, but Jamie as well. And besides, it will only make you look guilty. And we don't want that. Remember? We want to clear your name. Your career is on the line, here."

"But I don't want to be sent to jail either. That would definitely ruin my career."

"I know. We will figure this out."

"Okay, thank you." - I nodded. - "Also, can I ask you a favor?"

"What?"

"I need someone to look after Harry. Maybe you can go and prepare him to talk to the officers, encourage him, but don't put too much pressure on him. I mean, like don't force him to do it if he doesn't want to."

"I can't do that. I'm not his lawyer."

"But he is like a witness, right? You always prepare witnesses before your trials."

"Yes, but I can't babysit him." - He arched an eyebrow.

"Then ask Liam. Tell him that my last wish before going to jail is him taking care of Harry while I'm gone. To keep him safe."

"You're not dying, Louis." - Richard huffed.

"Can you just do it? The officers won't let me speak to Liam."

"Okay, I'll tell him."

"And tell him that from now on, Gael is going to be Harry's private driver. I don't want him to be on his own around the city."

"Sure." - He said, gathering his papers and standing up.

"Thanks. And please tell Liam and Gael to go back with Harry. They can't leave his side, okay?"

Richard frowned.

"What are you so afraid of? Can he just look after himself?"

"I'm afraid of Austin, afraid of him coming back and hurting Harry. Richard, I know I didn't say this before. But I'm falling in love with that boy. And I know that won't help any of us right now. But if something else happens to him while I'm here, I won't forgive myself. So please, tell Liam that. He will understand."

"Okay, Louis." - He nodded. - "Let me work on this, and I'll be back when I have news."

"Thank you."

He gave me one last nod and then left me there, alone with my thoughts, inside an empty room.
Waiting for my future to be defined.