🚲THIRTY-SIX🚲

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
- Edited -

[ Louis' POV ]

"Okay, Louis, it's just a little gig, so you have to pick only five songs because you'll be sharing stage with others. Okay?" - Liam repeated for the third time in a row as we were walking towards the rehearsal room.

"Yes."

"And it's going live on NBC, so it's big."

"You told me already."

"I really fought to get you this." - He stopped me with a hand on my arm. - "Don't fuck it up."

"I know." - I nodded. - "Trust me."

"Okay." - He frowned, pointing to the end of the corridor's door. - "The band is inside. Did you choose the set list?"

"Yes."

"Which ones?"

"Silver Tongues, Little Things, Kill My Mind, What Makes You Beautiful and the new one."

"The new one?" - He arched an eyebrow.

"Yes."

"Okay." - He raised his hands in the air, resigned. - "Cool. Get in there then."

"That's what I was about to do."

Harry, who was walking behind us, looked a little lost if not overwhelmed.
I stopped in front of him, kissing his cheek. He giggled in response.
I took his hand and pulled him inside the room with me.

My band was already in place, greeting me with hugs and cheers.

When I presented Harry as my boyfriend, he blushed beautifully.
Before everyone could comment on us, I turned to him and took him by his hips.
He pursed his lips in search of a kiss, and I obliged.

"Baby." - I smiled, taking his cheeks in my hands. - "You're going to hear the new song today. I hope you like it."

Harry preened.

"Of course I will like it. It's yours."

"No, it's yours. I made it for you." - I said and pecked his lips shortly. - "You can sit over there to watch the rehearsal."

Harry sat down and I winked at him before turning to my band.

"Guys." - I clapped my hands to get their attention. - "We are starting the show with the new one, Strong."

Everyone seemed surprised by the decision, but didn't have much choice to agree and get ready.

I placed myself in front of the mic and the first chords started playing.
I looked directly at Harry and smiled at him, he giggled and covered his blushing cheeks.
And after I started to sing, I could see it, crystal clear, how much I loved Harry.

🚲

By the end of the song, I walked towards Harry, who had tears running down his cheeks.
I crunched down in front of him and wiped away his tears with my fingers. I left a kiss on his forehead, before returning to the rehearsal.

The hours that followed, I just practiced every one of the songs of the setlist over and over, just to be ready for the show.
At eight pm, Liam returned and said that the room was booked for someone else, so we had to leave.

Outside, Gael was already waiting for us.
I took Harry's hand in mine again, and we climbed in the car to return to the house.
In all that time that passed, I hadn't had a moment to stop and chat with Harry, to stop and ask him about the song, or even if he was enjoying himself. I had been so caught up on getting the gig ready, that I didn't check on him.