Nurse's Office

In the winter month's Josie always expected Lizzie's bipolar to get worse. It was just expected. She became far more depressed and irritated. It was a constant. Lizzie would spend hours doing her hair until she felt it was perfect.

Josie laid on her bed looking every now and then at her sister whose hair was perfectly curled yet, her sister kept fixing it with her fingers. "Lizzie!" Josie exclaimed. Lizzie's eyes fell away from the mirror and she turned her head. Lizzie sighed and rolled her eyes. "What!" She snapped. "I almost had my hair perfect and now, I have to try to make it perfect again. Thank you for ruining my concentration." Lizzie whined to her sister.

Josie sat up nervously. "I just wanted to say your boyfriend is at the door." Josie said quietly. Lizzie seemingly forgot about her hair all together and turned around. "Sebastian." She said to herself. She was wearing the same outfit she wore the day Lizzie and Josie came back from Europe when they were 15.

Lizzie walked towards Sebastian with open arms. "I didn't know if you were coming to see me!" Her tone became kinder. Josie watched. Sebastian winked at Josie while hugging Lizzie. Josie grinned for a moment.

He pulled away from the hug looking at her outfit. "Your quite cheeky today, aren't you?" He was implying he could hear her conversation with Josie. He looked into her eyes and kissed her cheek. "Maybe." Lizzie said not knowing what cheeky meant.

Josie picked up her books.

Alaric had sent all the kids home for the holidays. Josie still had some things to do before she took her well deserved break off school. Josie excused herself quickly.

The school was practically empty. Lizzie looked at her boyfriend happily. "I thought since all the students were sent off campus for the holidays that you'd want to go somewhere else?" She asked. Sebastian licked his lips before they parted and smiled lifting one corner of his mouth first. "I'd love to spend my holiday with my lovely girl." He said looking directly into her eyes.

Lizzie blushed. "I'm a little tired." Lizzie whined. Sebastian could tell Lizzie wasn't quite herself.

Caroline had come back and in that case, Lizzie had to take her bipolar medication which was making her feel like a zombie. It made her irritated when she was too tired to be irritated.

Sebastian wore his signature black jacket, white long sleeve, black jeans and black loafers. Lizzie's eye were checking him out for a moment before she felt herself lose all consciousness. "Elizabeth?" He said quickly. He caught her from falling as she fell toward him rather than away from him.

He picked her up in both his arms. He placed her onto her bed. Lizzie's unconscious body laid on her bed as Sebastian felt himself worry for the first time in a long time. "Elizabeth?" He whimpered. He placed the back of his hand to her forehead. It was hot.

He looked around and pulled the phone Lizzie bought him to text Josie.

S: Lizzie fell and she's quite warm. Come back.

J: what do you mean fell?

S: It's an emergency.

J: don't say anymore.

Josie looked up from her phone. She raced to her mom's office. "Mom? Lizzie fell and Sebastian can't wake her. She was acting a little off." Josie whined to her mother before racing out of the room with her mom following.

Once Josie and Caroline got to the twin's room,  Caroline ran towards Lizzie. Sebastian backed away watching. Caroline checked Lizzie's pulse and it seemed Lizzie had passed out. "Josie, get the nurse to open a bed up." Her mother explained.

Josie nodded doing just as Caroline said. Caroline instructed Sebastian to pick her daughter up. Sebastian held Lizzie in both arms walking towards the nurse's office. The pair were silent although, the manner of urgency was loud enough for there to be no need to speak.

The nurse was ready to take Lizzie's blood work along with vitals as soon as she saw her in Sebastian's arms. He placed Lizzie on one of the beds. The nurse immediately went to work. Caroline thought perhaps, the issue was her medication was to blame.

The nurse began asking Josie how Lizzie was acting before she passed out. Josie told her the nurse that Lizzie seemed really stressed out and more aggressive than usual. Sebastian looked at Lizzie wanting her to simply be better and wake up. He came to see her.

Caroline looked at Sebastian before saying, "You need to leave as you are not her immediate family. Thank you for bringing her here. Josie will text you when she wakes up." She said. Sebastian nodded. He didn't want to leave her.

He sped out of the room.

Josie looked at her mom. "Why did you make him leave? Lizzie is in love with him. The first person she's going to want to see is him." She said. "I thought I was in love with Klaus at one point, but I wasn't. She doesn't know what's good for her." Her mother explained.

"You need to let her make the choice herself." Josie said. She rarely back talked her mom. This time she had to say something. "She loves him, mom." Josie said. Caroline acted as if she didn't hear her daughter.

The nurse came back showing that Lizzie's  new medication she was on for her Bipolar. Lizzie was in a temporary coma rather than just fainting. They'd have to observe her to see when she might wake up.

Lizzie woke up a couple hours later. Josie was asleep in the chair next to her. Caroline had decided to go back to her office and wait for Lizzie to get up. "What happened?" She said quietly. Lizzie was still in her chic outfit. She sat up and placed her feet on the cold floor. She stood up wobbling a  little.

Sebastian stood in the door way hearing her from the waiting room of the Salvatore school. "Elizabeth, lay down." He said suddenly in front of her holding her up. Lizzie nodded and did as he said. "Join me?" She asked. She was very quiet as she wanted this time to be alone with Sebastian. She didn't want to wake her sister up.

Sebastian placed his pointer finger to her lips as if to hush her. He nodded. She laid down and laid on her left side. Sebastian laid to face her. "Elizabeth, you passed out for some reason." He said. "It's the medication, isn't it?" She said looking down a little upset.

Sebastian smiled towards her. He played with her hair gently. "You'll find the right combination. Don't worry, your pretty little head about anything." He said calmly. He reassured her that she would find some hope in treating her mental health condition.

Lizzie felt his arms around her waist. She closed her eyes and slept.