Lizzie Tells The Truth

The Salvatore school did their annual psychological exam. Josie went first due to the fact she had a clear break from reality. Lizzie was sitting in the hallway waiting to be called in by Alaric. Alaric was an usher for the exam.

Lizzie sat reading her English Literature book from the Middle Ages called, Beowulf. The more she could understand about the Middle Ages, the more she understood about Sebastian.

She heard her name called after 15 minutes. She knew her exam would be the usual questions about her bipolar disorder. She had vowed to be better. She knew she couldn't be "cured," but, she hoped. This test would be to see if she suffered any other mental illnesses.

Lizzie and Sebastian has been dating for 2 years. She was in her senior year. She hadn't told him about her bipolar disorder type 2. She never had to bring it up. She liked it this way because he wouldn't see her the way she saw herself.

Lizzie stood up after hearing her name called and walked in. She saw her father and a man she'd never met before. He was dressed cleanly in a black tux. His briefcase was on her father's desk. Lizzie sighed. She looked away and waited for the questions.

Alaric left the room. The man smiled, "Hello. Your name?" Lizzie didn't cared to know who he was. "My name is Lizzie Saltzman." She said. "Age?" He asked. "I am 18."

The questions were the same as she remembered. She answered them like she was driving. She knew what he wanted to hear. The man smiled after asking the questions. He wrote down a ton which made Lizzie nervous.

He handed the piece of paper to Lizzie as she requested to see what he had written.

The paper read like this:

Lizzie Jenna Saltzman

Eighteen years of age

Suffers from:

Bipolar disorder type 2 with anxious features

Treatment plan: Talk therapy and her routine medications

Lizzie stood up walking herself out of the room. To her surprise, she bumped into Sebastian who was next in line for his exam. She felt his body in front of her and backed up. "Oh, sorry." She tried to hide her sadness. Sebastian looked into her eyes and kissed her cheek.

"SEBASTIAN!" The man yelled. Lizzie felt the piece of paper that hide her deepest darkest secret and wanted to tear it up. "We can talk about this later." She said as she power walked towards her dorm room. Josie did not live with her. She roomed in dorm 25.

Sebastian was a graduate and still needed a psychological test to work for the school. Sebastian worked as a front desk for the library. He liked the quiet. It reminded him of better times when the world wasn't so terribly noisy.

Lizzie learned how to sneak to her therapy appointments by lying to Sebastian about being part of a student government club. She felt bad about it every time she snuck away, she just couldn't tell him about her mental health.

Lizzie opened the door with trembling hands. Her kept reminding herself to breathe. She shut the door behind her quickly and put the piece of paper in a hidden crack in the floor under her dresser. Her brain was screaming at her. "Why can't you be normal?" Her brain whined. She couldn't shake this feeling.

Lizzie finished hiding her paper and laid on her bed letting out a gentle exhale. Lizzie felt her tears start. She wished instead of wiping her tears, she could just sweep them back into her eyes inside herself. She fell asleep on top of her bed even though, it was 3 pm.

Her anxiety made her so tired. Next thing she knew she was hearing keys turning the lock in the door knob. "Elizabeth..." the male voice purred. Sebastian opened the door blushing at the sight of her laying on the bed.

Sebastian saw his beautiful girlfriend and smiled. "Sebastian?" She pulled herself up into a sitting position. "I was just taking a nap." She said. Sebastian sat next to her. "Elizabeth," he pulled her into his lap. "You are the most beautiful girl I've ever had the privilege to set my eyes on." He whispered in her ear as he played with her hair

Sebastian finally brought up her behavior, "what exactly rattled you after the psychological exam? I know you have anxiety, Elizabeth, it is completely normal." Lizzie enjoyed his lap. It made her feel safe. "I-I I don't know." She said.

Lizzie played with the hem of her blue plaid skirt. She did this when nervous. "How did you do?" She finally asked. Sebastian kissed the back of her neck. "Elizabeth, I did fine. It seems I may still be afraid of people leaving me." He answered.

Lizzie knew this was it.

Lizzie knew this couldn't go on.

Lizzie smiled. "I would never leave you." She said. "You say that, yet you will not turn for me." He harshly answered. "Sebastian, I'm not ready. I've said this before and with my personality, I'm not sure, I would make the best vampire." She bit her bottom lip so hard that it started to bleed.

Sebastian licked his lips and sat her down next to him. "Ah, you would make the best vampyr." He looked at her bottom lip and climbed on top of her. Lizzie laid back into her pillow. He was hovering over her, kissing her. Her blood on his lips made him want her.

Lizzie blushed more. She wanted to rip her black one sleeve top off. They continued like that for a while. "Sebastian...." her voice trailed off as he kissed her neck. She moaned his name a couple times. "I.... should.... tell.... you.... I...." She forgot what she was saying.

Sebastian stopped and looked into her eyes. He got off her small body and sat on the bed. Lizzie sat up with her legs crossed. "I didn't pass the psychological exam. And- I- I haven't been going to government club. I made it up." She pressed her lips together after she spoke. Sebastian narrowed her brows and cocked his head to the left.

"Elizabeth?" he questioned. "Where have you been going?" he coaxed. "It is the another man?" he asked. Lizzie could feel the words stuck in her throat. "Please, I demand to know. I've loved you for so long. How could you-" he started to get mad.

Lizzie inhaled and swallow her pride. "I have bipolar 2 and I'm sorry I lied to you, it was just you were new and I wasn't 'crazy Lizzie' with you and it was nice to finally be someone. It was nice to finally be just me." Her words came out like when a volcano erupts, quickly and with a heat that could take out an entire village.

Sebastian instantly kissed her lips with a brooding force. "Elizabeth, if you have just been honest with me, I would have still love you the way that I love you right now." He said as he leaned in again to kiss her soft gentle lips.

"You love me?" She cocked her head. This was the first time he said it back. The first time he meant it for her and only her. It wasn't Cassandra on his mind anymore. Sebastian smiled as he let his larger pointy vampire teeth show. Lizzie loved the smile he gave her.

Sebastian crawled on top of her again and Lizzie laid back down. "Sebastian, I-" she pressed her lips to his. "I love you." She blushed. It felt so good to be open about her mental health.

"Any questions?" Lizzie asked. Sebastian hovered over her. "No, Lizzie." He answered nearly laughing. "I'm still Elizabeth to you." She said. She placed her fingers swiftly over his bottom lip drinking in his beauty.

She loved this man more than herself. He loved her more than he would ever love himself. A match made in heaven some may say. The couple ended the evening by helping Lizzie study for her English Literature test. Sebastian kissed her every question she got right.