Chapter 5

It's the first day of senior year and i'm freaking out. I don't know if my outfit is right and without Peter I feel so empty and alone. Usually he'd call me and tell me not to worry. But i wouldn't be worried if we were still together. He would pick me up with a smile on his face which was contagious and would walk me to class and to my locker.
I slip on some leggings and a cute t-shirt. I leave my hair down because I don't have the energy to put it up. Then I remember that Peter always liked my hair down. A warm feeling starts inside me that I try to ignore. I eat some cereal with Kitty and we get our stuff ready and head for the car. Kitty is so jittery and telling me how excited she is for 7th grade. i wish i could go back to those unproblematic days where i had nothing to worry about. I drop Kitty off and she's immediately greeted by her friends. I get to school and hesitate to enter. I walk in and find my locker. I put my stuff and try to head to class without seeing anyone. "LJ!" I turn around to see Chris gesturing to come to her locker.
"Hi Chris"
"Hey! Did you and Kavinsky work it out yet? I saw that you weren't walking in with him."
"Yeah he tried talking to me about it but I just couldn't handle the excuses."
"LJ, look, hear him out, hear his side of the story. You may be surprised." She tilts her head down the hall and I see Peter with his friends. Peter turns to look at me and we made eye contact for a few seconds but I quickly turned my head.
I try to change the subject. "Oh uh..what do you have first period?"
"I have English." Chris rolls her eyes as she's saying it.
"Wait..me too!! Lets get there quick so we get a good spot."
"Chill LJ, we have time before first block we don't have to rush." But I pull her to class anyway.
  It's lunch and so far I haven't had any classes with Peter. I want to hear his side of the story but I can never just let go of a grudge so quickly. I convince Chris to sit next to me instead of going to Trevor. She and him aren't technically together but their definitely more than friends.
"LJ, slow down we just sat down. Are you that hungry?"
"No, I'm actually not hungry at all but when you're done we're gonna walk around ok?" I really just don't want to sit in the cafeteria for too long and Chris didn't want to sit in the sun. I could tell Chris didn't want to ask what happened because she knows i wouldn't say.
When we stood up Peter was out of sight and wasn't with his friends anymore. We continued to walk around to the bleachers when I heard "Covey!" I close my eyes and sigh and freeze in place.
"Lara Jean you're gonna have to hear him out or at least talk to him one day."
She's not wrong. I'm gonna have to talk to him one way or another.
"Hey Chris." I hear Peter say as he reaches us.
"I'll leave you too at it! Goodbye LJ" Then Chris runs off.
We just sit there in silence until Peter finally decides to talk. "Look, Covey. Chris sent me the picture you saw and I promise you it's not me. I would never ever be able to cheat on you or even look at another girl even if I'm drunk."
"Nice try Peter." I pull out my phone and show him the picture. "That is the bracelet I got you, your lacrosse hoodie, and your hair looks just like this." As I'm saying it at loud to him I realize that maybe I was wrong.
"Really? You'd think that after all the time we've spent together you would notice my hair when you see it because that's obviously not my hair. And everyone on my team has a lacrosse hoodie."
"Okay, then how about the tigers eye bracelet? You have no explanation for that. Huh? Do you Peter?"
"I actually do. When I was cleaning, I didn't want to ruin such a nice thing you got me so i set it down on the counter and when I came back it wasn't there and I found it on some sophomores wrist. So he must've been the one in the picture not me." I didn't know if I could believe him or not so i stayed quiet. "It's fine don't believe I guess, but I would expect you to trust me. Look Lara Jean, I love you and I'll never stop loving you okay? I don't know if you'll ever take me back even though I swear on everything that it wasn't me and if you don't believe me then I can't do anything about it but hope that you trust me." The way he said it made me want to believe him but I still don't know what to say. I'll be so embarrassed that I got mad at him and it turns out to not be him in the picture. As soon as I open my mouth I see Gabe run over to Peter to tell him that they need him.
"Gabe, can you please explain to Lara Jean what I did that night after the party?" Peter asks.
"Uh sure? You came over and cleaned then some guy 10th grader was wearing some special bracelet of yours and you got mad. Why?"
"See Lara Jean? I'm clean. Nothing happened."
I feel so bad for assuming things. Not only did he say it but another witness too. "I am so sorry-" i then get interrupted by Gabe.
"Hey Largie, seems like an amazing convo going on here but I really need Peter right now so can this continue later? Thanks"
Peter then tries to say something but Gabe drags him across the field.
Now that I see what actually happened and realized that I was totally wrong, I really want to accept Peter back into my life because I miss him more than anything and I can't go any longer without him by my side but there's this one part of me that wants to keep this grudge and still believe he cheated.
When I get home I talk to Trina about it since she's way more experienced than I am. She just says to give him another chance since he didn't do anything wrong and it wasn't his fault. I agree though. I can't just let myself get mad at him when it's over something he couldn't control.
After thinking a bit longer I decide to drive over his house and apologize for making this big deal when he didn't even do anything.
Right when I get to his door the door swings open and I see Peters handsome glowing face in the sunset.
"Whoa hi Peter. Were you going somewhere? If so I can just come back later it's no big deal." And i already start making my way back to my car.
"No no no no I actually wanted to go see you and talk a bit."
"Oh ok. Well I wanted to come apologize for what I did. Like assuming without listening to your side of the story. I don't know what made me think you would cheat because I really love you Peter and I know you feel the same way because you don't just feel that way around a person that you only like and they don't like you back. I am so so sorry if I hurt you in any shape or form for something you didn't even do. I really hope you take me back even though I was a terrible girlfriend-" he immediately crushes his lips into mine before I can finish he pulls away.
"You were never a terrible girlfriend okay?" I nod and we spend the rest of the day cuddling in his bed watching movies. I missed this.

a/n: sorry it took a while to update but it's my birthday!! i hope it was an okay ending to this chapter? also TYSM FOR 85 VIEWS!! WERE ALSO #1 ON THE COVINSKY TAG AND #2 ON THE PETERKAVINSKY TAG!!!! i can't believe that i would ever get anywhere near that and i really hope you enjoy my story as it goes on and continue to read my future stories as well!! ilysm!!<3