Chapter 9

It was a Saturday morning and Gen had invited me to the diner to meet Kenneth. I kept thinking what's so familiar with Kenneth. Maybe from a show, a lot of people could have that name.
I got ready. I put a simple pink sweater and ripped jeans since it wasn't anything big to dress up for. I brushed my hair and put some mascara and headed out the door. I texted Gen that I was on my way and she said they were almost there.
I pull into the parking lot and I see Gen with a guy who just be Kenneth. I walk to their table and Gen sees me. She waves but Kenneths back is towards me while he's looking through the menu.
"Hi!! Babe she's here!" Gen says
The guy looks at me with a familiar face and he stares at me weirdly.
"LJ come sit next to me. Lara Jean this is my boyfriend Kenneth. Kenneth this is my best friend Lara Jean! Now if you'll excuse me I need to use the women's restroom while you two get to know each other!!"
She left as I realized who he is. "Kenny?"
"That's me." He says with a grin.
"Like Kenny from Camp?"
"Yup. You're prettier then I remember."
"W-What are you doing here?" Kenny was one of the guys I sent my letters too. Well Kitty sent them.
"I decided to come to town to ask about those love letters." I stared at him blankly. "I'm kidding it was a joke. I met Gen at a football game. I was playing and she was there to see her cousin. When she came to congratulate her cousin on the win, we saw each other and it went on from there."
"I thought you lived like 5 towns down?" I was so confused. How could this happen? Why him?
"Yeah I did. But I'm moving here next week. We just bought a house on Elm Wood Street." No no no this is a dream. I couldn't believe it. Out of all places Elm Wood?! I remembered that Trina just said she sold the house to family with a kid my age but I wouldn't think it would be him?! Please don't tell me he moved across the street. Please don't tell me he moved across the street. This is a dream. Pinch yourself and you'll wake up. It'll be fine.
"Ow!" I yelled
"Are you okay?" Kenneth asked.
"Yeah whatever. Are we gonna tell Gen that we know each other?"
"Yeah? Why wouldn't we?" He asked.
"Well she'll probably find out I wrote a love letter to you ages ago which by the way was sent to you by my little sister not me. And I wrote that a long time ago but she might take it the wrong way and it might end our friendship again."
"Again?"
"Yes but that's not the point. We can't risk it so just pretend we never met okay?"
"Why would it end your friendship again?" he asked.
"Because she might think my feeling a for you are still there and she'll get mad."
"Well, are they still there?"
"No! I have a boyfriend and we're in a happy relationship!" I said.
"Oh." He sounded disappointed for some reason but it can't be because he likes me. Right? I mean hes with Gen and we haven't seen each other in years.
"So please don't say anything okay?"
"Fine" He agreed.
"I'm baaaaack!!! How did the little meet and greet go?" Gen said as she came back to the table.
"Yeah..uh it was nice. He's seems very..nice and I hope you guys have a nice time together." I said. I hesitated while saying it. What was I supposed to say? 'Oh yeah Gen btw I wrote a love letter to him before and I used to be in love with him?'
"I'm glad you guys got to meet each other! Now let's eat!"
We ordered our food and I left early due to an "errand" my dad wanted me to do since it was getting awkward and I wanted them to have some time alone. I got into my car and processed what I just learned. He probably doesn't even live in Trinas house. He probably bought a house down the road. That would still be bad. I would have to see him often and Peter would not be happy if he found out. Or maybe he would understand? No I can't risk losing Peter or Gen again. I just have to make sure they don't find out I lied.
I called Chris and told her everything.
"No way! You're joking right? HA!"
"It's not funny Chris. It could lead to a real big problem!"
"I'm sorry LJ but it's so funny hearing your life stories. It's like a movie."
"Ugh whatever. I need to go make some dinner I'll call you later." I hung up and went downstairs.
As I was done making the food I took the trash out. Tomorrow was trash day so the trash cans were already outside at the end of the driveway. As I was walking towards the trash cans I saw someone getting out of their car with boxes in their hands at Trinas old place. There weren't any lights over there yet so I couldn't see much but there was a lot of light over at my house. My dad loved to landscape so we have a lot of lights outside.
"Lara Jean?" Oh no. The person started walking towards me and I started walking towards my house.
"Hey wait. You never told me you lived here?" It was Kenny. yay...
"Did I have to?"
"Well it would be nice to know. I was just dropping off some things at the new place. What a coincidence. First I find out you're my girlfriends best friend." She said I was her best friend? Aw. "Then I find out you're my new neighbor? It's like it's meant to be." He says as he pouts.
He doesn't mean it like a lovey way right? He probably meant it in a friend way. Right?
"Bye Kenneth." I said as I was turning around and speed walking to the house.
I called Chris again and told her what had just happened. She laughed as always but she still helped. Peter would be fine with it...i think. He knows I wrote the letter to Kenny. He just doesn't that I wrote it to the guy that now lives across the street who is also Gens new boyfriend. Peter trusts me so I should be fine. But Gen..we'll see what happens...

a/n: Hi guys!! We're almost at 600 views!! I am so sorry for not updating in a looong time! I had a lot of stuff going on for school and I didn't have the time to update. I promise I'll try to do my best with updating regularly. At least once a week. Ly!