Chapter 1

"Miss Copeland. Your father requires you to accompany him in floor 2." One of my fathers men named Alessandro spoke through the golden doors to my room.

"Give me 5 minutes Alessandro." I replied back.

I walked over to my dressing table and lightly brushed through my long, freshly curled brown hair. I looked down at my outfit which consisted of the latest designer pieces. I wore a black tight pencil skirt from 'Chanel' which defined my curves and a white tank top from 'Guess' which pushed out my average sized bust. I tied a designer creamy coloured sweater around my shoulders which matched my creamy pumps.

I was thankful that I had applied makeup this morning, so the only thing that was left was mascara. I applied a thin coat to make my light green eyes pop.

After grabbing my Chanel bag and folder, I exited my room.

I went to the elevator that was positioned exactly across my room and waited patiently to be escorted to floor 2. There were currently 5 floors in my house.. Or as others like to call it, my family's "mansion".

"Yes father?" I asked as I took a seat on the expensive brown leather couches which matched almost everything in my house.

"I need you to run to a meeting for me. Your mother and I have been urgently called to Spain. Something major has happened there with the systems. We're flying there in an hour." He informed me. My parents owned basically over 150 businesses around the world, from making diamond jewellery to editing and publishing best-selling books.

"Okay father." I smiled.

"This is an important meeting. It's with Braxton Enterprises." His eyes darkened. I internally gasped. The Braxton family and business had been our competition and enemy since before I was born. I nodded, refusing to look a tad terrified in front of my father.

"Got it." I replied before he could say anything else which would potentially scare me even more. I stood up and gave him a kiss on the cheek before leaving.

I got in the back seat of the black luxury car.

"Good Afternoon Nicole." Sam, my driver greeted.

"Good Afternoon Sam." I smiled as he took off.

"So, off to Braxton Enterprises?" Sam asked. The surprise was evident in his voice. I nodded to answer his question.

He nodded slightly before rolling up the separator window to give me privacy.

I took out my phone and checked my appearance one last time. I applied a light coat of MAC lip gloss on my plump lips.

As we drove through the streets of Manhattan, I took in the scenery and smelled the fresh air that was racing through the opened window.

I knew we had reached my destination as the car slowed to a stop. I took a deep breath, thanked Sam and exited the car with my folder filled with important papers.

As I stepped through the luxury building, a woman instantly raced over, attempting not to fall in her stiletto heels and incredibly short tight skirt.

"Oh my God! Miss Copeland. It's an honour meeting you! What can I do for you?" The blonde haired girl squealed.

"I'm here to see Mr Braxton." I replied, smiling slightly. I don't mean to be rude but in this industry, you've got to do what you've got to do and that means showing absolutely no sign of weakness. My father has always said "Never mix business with pleasure." And I intended on sticking to that due to the fact that it has been drilled in my head ever since I was 2.

"Sure thing. His office is on level 4. There's the lift. It was so good meeting you." She squealed again.

I smiled politely, "Thanks." I said as I walked confidently to the elevator.