Chapter 21

It has been a week since the incident happened and things were getting surprisingly easier thanks to the support of Christian.

"Christian." I called out to him as I carried the 6 heavy dresses to the mens section of the shop where he stood.

"Let's go try them on, shall we?" He smiled as he grabbed my hand and led me to the fitting rooms. He sat on the large purple seat and waited patiently as I tried on the dresses, one after the other. After not being pleased with 6 of them, I plopped on the seat next to Christian.

His step-fathers annual Christmas party was tomorrow night and me being unorganised was a understatement. "I need to find a dress, Christian! Its tomorrow." I complained, pouting.

He turned his head and scanned the shop. "Oh." He smiled before getting up and bringing a white dress from the corner where I hadn't searched.

The dress was long with white lace and a high slit on the left side of the dress, the back of the dress was open and covered my cleavage. It clung to my curves as I quickly but gently tried it on. My eyes widened as I smiled in the mirror. It was gorgeous.

"Done, Nicole?" Christian sighed impatiently like a child. He was exhausted.

I fixed my curled hair and chuckled as slowly exited the fitting room. "Do you like it?" I smiled as I slowly twirled in the extremely expensive dress.

His breath hitched as he opened his mouth to talk. "Uh- Wo- Oh my God. Nicole." He stuttered as he stood up. "You look absolutely gorgeous." He breathed.

I giggled before placing a kiss on his lips and scurried to change into my previous clothes.

"I'm paying Christian." I protested as I placed the dress on the desk of the register.

"No, you're not, Nicole. End of story." He smiled as he took out $3,456 out of his wallet. I shook my head and pretended to be mad at him. The lady at the registers eyes widened at the size of our wallet. I chuckled slightly.

He shook his head and laughed as he grabbed the bag, held my hand and lead me out of the store.

—-

"Noah, what are you doing here?" Christian asked, surprise being evident in his voice.

"Uh, hey Christian. I was wondering if you have a spare suit?" Noah smiled as he followed us into the kitchen.

"For tomorrow?" Christian asked confused. Noah nodded his head, "Yes, Greg invited me and I thought it would be great to bring Lena along as my plus one." He smiled, running his fingers through his hair.

I furrowed my eyebrows, Lena didn't tell me anything about that. Christian lead Noah to his closet to find him a suit while I took my phone out and dialled Lenas number.

"Hey Lena." I greeted her with an enthusiastic voice.

"Hey cousin!" She squealed as she usually would. I rolled my eyes and laughed. I loved her happy and bubbly personality. No matter what had happened between us, I could always count on her.

"You didn't tell me that you were a plus one to Christians step-fathers annual Christmas party?" I smiled into the phone.

"Oh! Yeah, that. I was just about to call you." She giggled. I laughed and farewelled her before walking to Christians room to find the boys.

—-

A/N: Okay so this is the 2nd or 3rd last chapter I will write for this book, the ending will be intense and I will post soon, probably tonight! Love you all & thank you all for the support! Xx - Jez