Chapter 9

“Nicole, wake up.” A voice poked me urgently. I shot up out of my bed with sweat covering my whole body. My sheets were drenched in sweat and tears. “Get away from me!” I screeched before I realised that it was only Lena. Guards bursted into the room in less then 2 seconds but were quickly relieved as I raised my hand to indicate that it was okay and that they should leave immediately. 

“You should leave Lena.” I sighed before getting out of my bed. I padded my feet against the carpet as I made my way into the bathroom to get ready for work at Braxton Enterprises. My head was aching and I wasn’t in the mood for anyone. 

“Nicole. You need to talk to me. I know you’re scared.” Lena pleaded as she took a seat on the side of the bath tub. She was right, I was terrified.. Of him. 

“I said leave Lena!” I snapped before splashing cold water on my face. I brushed my teeth and washed my hair without acknowledging Lena’s presence. She groaned. I walked into my closet and picked out comfy clothes. 

I wore black tights with a grey singlet/tank top with a black long coat to keep me warm. After applying my makeup and Lena’s constant pleas for me to listen, I grab my bag and folders before leaving the house. I texted Sam to drop me off due to the fact that I wasn’t in the mood to drive. 

“Nicole.” Christian stood up immediately as I walked into his office to get into mine. I sighed before turning my head to him. I raised my eyebrow, urging him to continue. 

“What happened last night?” He asked slowly before taking a few steps to get closer to me. 

“I don’t think thats any of your business, Mr Braxton.” I snapped before opening my door and slamming it in his face. Wow, I was bipolar. I hated talking about my problems. 

I walked over to the mini kitchen and poured myself a coffee which instantly relaxed me. I took a seat on the brown italian leathered couch as I ran my fingers through my hair. 

“Nicole. Talk to me please.” Christian pleaded as he somehow unlocked the door to my office 5 minutes after. He was edging closer to me. I shook my head violently. “I can’t.” I whispered. My subconscious protested against my words. The voices in my mind were telling me that I could trust him. Could I? Tears brimmed my eyes but I forced them down, I refused to look weak in front of him. 

He kneeled on both knees as he cupped my cheeks raising them so I could look at his light eyes. “Let’s go.” He smiled before grabbing my hand. 

“Where are we going?” I asked, clearly confused. 

“Would you rather be here and work? No, I doubt it. So, let’s go.” He smirked as he locked his office and left the building with his hand still intwined with mine. Gasps and whispers were heard throughout every level we walked into. I smirked as girls attempted to grab Christians attention but failed as his eyes were only on me. 

“Get in.” He commanded. I rolled my eyes jokingly and stepped into his red and black Bugatti. I observed his every feature on his flawless face. He smiled proudly as the Bugatti roared with life.