Chapter 28- The Western Air Temple

Start from the beginning

Sokka pulls me closer to him.

"You want to what now?" Toph asked.

"You can't possibly think that any of us would trust you, can you?"

"Um, guys," I mumble. "He's not that ba-"

Katara cut me off. "I mean, how stupid do you think we are?"

"Yeah," Sokka adds. "All you've ever done is try to hunt us down, capture Aang, and try to steal my girlfriend."

"I've done some good things," Zuko says. "I mean, I could've stolen your Bison in Ba Sing Se, but I set him free. That's something."

Appa licked him again. "Appa does seem to like him."

"He probably just covered himself in honey or something so that Appa would lick him," Sokka objects. "I'm not buying it."

"I can understand why you wouldn't want to trust me, and I know I've made some mistakes in the past."

"Like when you attacked our village?"

"Or when you stole my mother's necklace and used it to track us down and capture us!"

"Or when you literally had sex with my girlfriend?"

"Sokka!" I scold. "There are children here!"

Aang and Toph let out a cough.

"Look," Zuko says. "I admit I've done some awful things. I was wrong to try to capture you, I'm sorry I attacked the Water Tribe, I'm sorry Soul and I um..had you know, and I never should've sent that Fire Nation assassin after you. I'm gonna try to stop him."

"Wait," Sokka says. "You sent Combustion Man after us?"

"Well," Zuko replies. "That's not his name, but..."

"Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to insult your friend."

"He's not my friend."

"That guy locked me, Katara, and Soul in jail, tried to blow us all up and made Soul lose her bending."

"Why aren't you two saying anything?" Zuko says to Aang and I. "You once said you thought we could be friend." He says now directly talking to Aang.

"You know I have good in me." Zuko turns to me.

Sokka gives me a side glare.

Aang spoke up. "There's no way we can trust you after everything you've done. We'll never let you join us."

"You need to get out of here," Katara says. "Now."

Zuko and I locked eyes.

"If you won't accept me as a friend, then maybe you'll take me as a prisoner." He got on his knees.

"Guys, this isn't right." I mutter.

"No, we won't." Katara said bending water at Zuko causing him to lose his balance.

"Get out of here and don't come back. And if we ever see you here again... Well, we'd better not see you again."

We locked eyes again. Zuko got up and left the temple. I know I had a little crush on him before, but I couldn't help but feel bad, he really was a good person.

"Why would he try to fool us like that?" Katara says.

"Obviously, he wants to lead us into some kind of trap. He wants you to trust him and feel sorry for him so you let your guard down, then he strikes."

"Guys, he's not bad at all." I say.

"Yeah, not bad at all." Sokka mumbles.

"What was that?"