Chapter 21- Sokka's Master

"Wow, this is amazing to watch," Katara says as we all stared at the meteor shower, even Toph.

"Kind of makes you realize how insignificant we are."

"Eh," Toph shrugs. "You've seen nothing once, you've seen it 1,000 times."

"Oooh." we all gasp.

"Oh, man," Sokka says. "You've never not seen anything like this."

One meteorite falls and impacts close by, starting a forest fire near a village.

We fly over to the fire.

"The fire is gonna destroy that town," Katara says. "Soul, do something."

"Katara," I shriek. "Do you see how big that fire is? I don't think I can burn it down myself."

"Aren't you like the second most powerful bender?" Sokka asks.

"I haven't gotten that far in the book yet." I whine.

I began to die down the fire as Toph and Aang began to build trenches around it, while Katara flied on Appa to a nearby creek from which she waterbended to dispose the fire.

The next day we went out in town for dinner.

Aang and I came back with our meal as we sat at the table.

"These people have no idea how close they were to getting toasted last night."

"Yeah, the worst thing about being in disguise is we don't get the hero worship anymore," Toph says. "I miss the love."

"Boo-hoo, poor heroes."

We all turn our gaze to Sokka.

"What's your problem?" Katara says.

"Yeah," I add. "You haven't even touched your smoke sea slug."

"It's just, all you guys can do this awesome bending stuff like putting out forest fires, and flying around, and making other stuff fly around. I can't fly around, ok? I can't do anything." My poor baby :((

My heart sank. Is this how he really feels?

"That's not true," I sulk.

"No one can read a map like you," Katara adds.

"I can't read at all," Toph adds.

"Yeah," Aang says. "And who keeps us laughing with sarcastic comments all the time? I mean, look at Katara's hair, right? What's up with that?"

I tried to keep in my laugh.

"What?" Katara says touching her hair. "What's wrong with my hair?"

"Nothing, I was just trying to..."

"Look," Sokka says. "I appreciate the effort, but the fact is each of you is so amazing and so special, and I'm not. I'm just the guy in the group who's regular."

I walk over and sat next to Sokka, resting my head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry you're feeling so down, but I hope you know none of us see you that way."

He looked away from me. "I know something that's going to make you feel better."

"You do?" Sokka asked.