Epilogue: When Stars Collide

Dusk Till Dawn (Slowed)↲
Zayn, ft. Sia

"Baby, I am right here. I'll hold you when thigns go wrong, I'll be with you from dusk till dawn . . ."

[ Five Years and Four Months LATER ]

"Baby,"         

Bedsheets ruffled and shifted, dips, curves, and mounds being brought into place as the figure beneath them grumbled a slur of incoherency. Mid-morning sunlight trickling into a roar as rays hit the crystalized silver set on the figure's ring finger, prisms of light dancing in snippets across the bed. 

"Baby, wake up,"

The figure groaned, flicking his hand around, as a gust of air pulsed from his lips. A pout remaining in place when he lifted the duvet from his head, hair in disarray, eyes heavy with exhaustion, and lips mottled red. Slowly, a smile curved his features—replacing his sleep-occluded pout. 

"We're breaking all the rules you know," Izuku drawled, slowly pulling himself into a sitting position. "It's bad luck to see me before the wedding."

Katsuki shook his head, nose wrinkled and vermillion-red eyes glimmering with amusement. "Technically it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding—" he gestured his hands around the room, "—and as you can see, there are no brides here. Just me and my husband-to-be,"

"Mina's going to kill us if she finds out," Izuku evoked, a chuckle reverberating in his chest as Katsuki peppered his neck with feather-light kisses. "She's all about tradition."

"Well, it's not her fucking wedding now is it?"

The twenty-three-year-old sat back on his heels, sifting his fingers through Katsuki's overgrown locks. He had let it grow out just a bit, the tips still spiked and angled in the most impossible of ways, framing his face with perfection—highlighting his high cheekbones and brightening his volcanic eyes. It was hard for Izuku to recount all they had been through and imagine them here and now, soon to be married in a few hours.

So much had happened since that fateful day. Katsuki's career as an artist reached new heights—something they both didn't think was possible considering the amount of fame he had back then. His previous album, Wilting Roses, had quickly become a hit upon its release five years ago staying in the top charts in nearly twenty different countries across the world for months. It told a story about young love, young loss, and a young adult's journey through life—navigating its bumpy roads.

It was a story of Izuku and Katsuki.

A story that—despite the odds stacked against them—had it's happily ever after.

Izuku had graduated college—his semester assignment from all those years ago holding a special place in his heart—pursing his dream to become a freelance artist while staying by Katsuki's side in the midst of it all. Navigating their way through a relationship was no easy task, it took time, patience, and most of all acceptance. Acceptance of their faults; acceptance of their loss; acceptance of their pain and what they gained from it. Nevertheless, they proved to themselves and each other time and time again that they held the power to beat those odds.

His own career as a freelance artist had been a journey in itself, some of the most name-worthy, brilliant, and ethical people in the world had contacted him for jobs. Heavily compensating him to his liking—and with the help of Katsuki and his family by his side, he began building a name for himself. Something he could call his own.

Despite the challenges he and Katsuki faced throughout the years, Izuku, his soon brothers and sister-in-law-to-be, and father-in-law-to-be had the easiest time reconnecting. While it was hard, they managed to fall back in place without too many complications after sitting down and talking as a family. Izuku's heart swelled at the word: family.