Chapter 4

I rest my head gently on the desk. My eyes flutter with exhaustion. We have been waiting for Enzo and Brees to come back but it seems like we are going to be here all night. Surprisingly, Finley was the one who figured out how to solve the problem on the desk. We had completed two more challenges after that but now everyone seemed on the verge of giving up.

I look around the room. Trainees are huddled up in a corner on the cold concrete floor. They squeeze together in an attempt to gather warmth. Finn is collapsed against Will who is sitting quietly next to me on the floor.

"I'm gonna rest my eyes. Okay?" He murmurs. I watch as his body slowly relaxes into a deep slumber.

Shivering, I get up from my chair and walk to the door. I press my frozen palm against the warm glass and let myself sink to the floor. I don't quite get the chance though. The second I let my body relax the door fly's open under my weight and I fall just outside of the door.

I look up with raw eyes and let a salty tear fall down my cheek. I guess the trainers don't have enough human decency to tell us the door is open. "Such jerks!" I murmur to myself unaware of will standing beside me miserably.

"C'mon Everyone!" I yell, annoyed. "The door is open!" The others stand up and charge to the door in a race to escape from the cold dark room. I turn to look at Will, the sleep slowly melting off my body.

Will charges forward brushing me off. "You're right!" He grumbles.

"About what?"

"Lets go get those jerks!"

I scowl. Whatever we are about to do, Enzo and Brees totally deserve it. I shuffle behind will.

"Whats the plan?"

At this, the corner of wills mouth lifts and he turns to look at me. Thats when I noticed the small jar in his hand. Giggling, I break out into a grin. Soon Enzo and Brees will understand.

At the sound of footsteps, I pull myself against the wall dragging will with me. I peek around the corner. The guards are doing their rounds. We will only have a couple of minutes. The guards shine their flashlights around for a moment then turn to leave.

Will grabs my hand and brings me to the door. I put a finger to my frozen lips and lift my eyes to the glass. Enzo and Brees are sitting by computers monitoring the training room.

I narrow my eyes and hold out my small frail hand. Will slides the jar to me and I throw it in the room, waiting for the crack of breaking glass. At that, I shove the door closed and duck down below view. Will twists the lock shut and the two of us jump into a sprint down the hallway.

...

"I hope you understand that there are consequences for you behavior." Leader earth Raises his eyebrows at Will. He looks at me gently. "You too. Okay?" I feel myself frown. It is not okay. Nothing about what they did to us is okay. Even though my elbow is bandaged and feels fine now, and my headache has gone away, I don't think I will ever forgive Enzo and Brees.

After our trick they had to be rushed to the hospital wing. I search my body for any stray of guilt. Nothing comes up. They deserved everything they got. Either way, I have to pretend. "Okay." I agree.

Will gives me a sympathetic looks. He knows how much weight there is on me. As we walk out of the room he whispers into my ear. "Time for training again." I wince at the thought. Training. Again. Will looks at me, offering a smile.

Upon exiting the room we walk to training. "So," Will jokes. "I guess we are kind of the rebels."

I roll my eyes. "Trust me. I have been a rebel my whole life. Since I was a baby. It's kind of funny, you know. I don't think I have ever seen another person get in trouble as much as me."

I must have said something wrong because Will's smile quickly fades and he nods his head quietly. "Yeah, I guess."

Before I can ask what's wrong, we stop. The training room is empty except for one maid. "Oh hi. I was waiting for the trainees. You guys can go to your rooms. Today we are focusing on etiquette. You will be brought clothes and then a guide will come to take you to the ballroom."

I turn around and quickly begin walking back to the room. "Whats wrong?" Will questions.

I look at him. I have always wanted to wear clothes from earth but I am not one for fancy attire. "I don't want to be seen in a dress." I confess. "I will look horrible!" I return on my course to our room.

When we get inside I begin pacing the glorious marble floors and anxiously twirling my hair around my finger. Will and Finley are sitting together on their beds and staring amused. I glare but they just laugh.

"Calm down." Finley jokes, resting her head on Will's lap and propping her feet up on the pillows. She wiggles her eyebrows and pops a piece of gum in her mouth. "You are going to give yourself a heart attack. "

I stop to cross my arm. "What I don't understand is how you guys are so calm!" I exclaim. "Ughhh." I groan. "Probably because you will look great. I am going to look like some sort of bean pole!"

Will snorts and throws a hand over his mouth to stop himself from laughing and Finn blows a bubble at him. She pinches his cheek. "This one isn't exactly handsome either. What with his snorting."

Will puts a hand to his chest to mimc her breaking his heart. "Hey!" He jokes. "It's not like you are a model or anything!"

Finn punches will in the arm and raises her eyebrows at me. "Lets be honest will, you are nothing compared to us ladies," She reasons, mocking a cat purr. "Plus, you have the IQ of a sloth."

Will rolls his eyes just as we hear nock at the door. "Hold on." Finley yells. She turn to us. "Watch this." We watch as she runs to the bathroom and emerges with a robe and her hair gelled into a mohawk. She smiles slyly and runs to open the door.

"Hey. " She says in a deep voice, raising her eyes at the butler. "Come on in. " As the man walked in, carrying our clothes, I could tell he was desperately trying to stay professional. He pressed his lips together tightly which made me laugh.

He leaves our clothes on the bed and exits quickly. The moment we seem him go, we all break out laughing. Finn smiles proudly. "See! No one can resist the ladies!"

"Ha ha." I say in my most sarcastic tone. I grab the dress and turn to will and Finn. "We have to get changed. Don't we." I slip into the bathroom and slowly unzip the bag holding my dress.

My breathe catches and I let out a barley audible gasp. The dress is strapless and a long train, falls to the floor. It is short in the front and slowly flows down the the ground. It is the color of midnight blue and is slit through the side. I unzip the dress, which barely has a back, and slip through the silky and velvety material. When I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I almost like what I see. The dark dress makes my pale blue eyes shine radiantly.