"Yeah, I was just over at Harry's," Niall explained.

"I haven't gone bowling in ages," Harry said. "I barely remember how to play."

"It's bowling Harry, not rocket science," Louis grinned, making him glare at him with a playful look.

"I haven't played in a while either but I used to be pretty good," Zayn said casually. Louis caughed, "Were not"

"Can I ask you something?" Louis said as he toyed with the tiny orange straw in his drink.

"Hmm?" Chloe looked up from her phone with a smile on her face. "I'm sorry, I've been on my phone all night. I've just-" She blushed. "I'm going to put it away now," she said and put it in her little black purse that she had matched with her skirt. "What were you saying?"

Louis chuckled with amusement when she saw the way her eyes lit up when a little 'pling' was heard from her purse. "Do you think it's weird to be friends with your boss?" He asked and took a sip. His nose scrunched up as the fruity taste filled his mouth. Way too sweet, he should have just gotten his regular beer but Chloe convinced him to try something new.

She frowned, "No, I don't think that's weird at all, why?"

Louis scratched the back of his neck, "Well, I mean you know me and Harry- Mr.Styles are quite good friends-"

"Yeah, you were terrified of him in the beginning," she laughed.

"Okay, I wasn't terrified," he denied. "I was just. . . careful." She hummed. Even Louis knew that wasn't true. "But you don't think that it's weird that we are so close?" He asked and waved his hands around.

"No, you're just friendly. That's normal. I think it's better than not having any kind of relationship with your boss. Then it just becomes awkward if you face a problem or want something. So I think it's good that you guys are friends," she explained.

Louis nodded in understanding while thinking over what she had said. Yeah it's good they have a good relationship, but that's not what he meant. He was friends with Niall as well but that's not the same because well first of all he's just his coworker and second off all Naill is just. . . different. He couldn't quite explain why he felt this way about their relationship, like it might be inappropriate. Yeah, it's weird to cuddle with your boss but he's also his friend now. So it's okay, right? Then how come he gets this weird feeling everytime he thinks about it?

"What's on your mind, Louis?" She asked when she saw the thoughtful look on his face.

He was hesitant to tell her about everything and it was really frustrating him that he couldn't figure out why. "I mean I guess it's good to have a good relationship but we're pretty close now. I mean we've spent the night together several times," he finally said.

"What do you mean together?" She asked.

"Well, it was that time when we went to New York. We got stuck in one hotel room and-" Chole's eyes widened comically.

"You slept in the same room? How did he not kill you?" She asked in shock.

Louis chuckled, "I know, I know, I thought the same thing. I was sure he was going to fire me on the spot. But I think he looked over it because it was the hotel's mistake, but it was still scary as hell."

"That's crazy," she said as he phone started to go off again.

"You sure you dont wanna take that?" Louis asked when she hung up and sent a quick message.

She nodded with that stupid smile back on her face, "It's nothing important, you were saying?"

Louis rolled his eyes with a smile.

Who was she texting?

"Right, and then we went to another business thingy a while ago and well," he scratched his neck awkwardly and Chloe gave him a weird look.

"What?"

"We might've gotten a tiny bit drunk"

"And?" She pressed on.

"And we were together almost the entire night. I don't know, I don't remember. I know we were in my room and he wasn't there in the morning but I don't know if I fell asleep or if he stayed or what happened. I actually don't remember much from that night. Except for some stuff," he added the last part as an afterthought.

"What stuff?" She asked as she typed out a new text before her eyes left her screen and grew twice their size. "Oh my God. Did you-"

"God no!" He cut her off before she could even finish the sentence. "No," he said, quieter this time. "I wouldn't do that. I would never do that with my boss. That's fucked up! So fucked up," he mumbled the last part.

"Sorry, I was only asking."

"No, no, it's alright. But that's just weird. I wouldn't do that," he frowned.

Her face softened, "Louis, it's fine. Nothing happened, right? And if it did you are both adults. You can make your own decisions. I mean I wouldn't blame you, have you seen him?"

Louis huffed a half laugh. "Yeah, I guess." He couldn't deny the fact that Harry was a very attractive man. "But not only that. There is a lot of other stuff as well and I don't know what to do."

"What kind of stuff?" She asked, confused.

"Well, my boyfri- um my ex came to the office a while ago and I was a bit shaken so he drove me home and then we fell asleep on the couch but he left later when my roommate arrived and I was with him at the bar he works at once. The roommate, not Harry obviously, but he was there and we ended up going to his place to watch a movie and it got pretty late so I stayed the night. But it was weird cause during the movie we were, uh, pretty close and I'm like that with my other friends as well but Harry is Harry you know?" He ranted on, deciding to keep out the dream part. No one needs to know about that. But regret filled him as soon as the word left his mouth. She will think he's weird. She will definitely judge him. Ugh, why did he say anything?

"Like a date?"

"What?" Louis was surprised by her response.

"Sounds like a date. Did he make a move?" She asked.

What? No, it wasn't a date. It definitely wasn't a date. Would be kinda nice if it was though. No it wouldn't! What about Liam? Oh God. What is happening. I'm going to die. This is stupid.

Why would she think it was a date? Zayn had said the same thing but he assumed that he was joking. Was it a date? No, it most certainly wasn't. And why would he make a move? What the hell is going on? His brain suddenly felt fuzzy and Louis wanted to lay down and get these ridiculous thoughts out of his head. He did not want to go on a date with Harry because he still loves Liam even though they wont be together. Right.

But they're broken up now. Louis felt a growing ball of guilt grow in the pit of his stomach. Louis turned him in and now he's already thinking about moving on when he had literally ruined Liam's entire future. He felt sick. He can't date Harry! Or anyone for that matter. He should be with Liam. But he can't. He felt his eyes water as he thought about how he'll probably never see him again. Why was he so sad? This was his fault! Louis tried his best to keep the bile in his throat down. He can't be sad. He doesn't have the right to be sad. Not about this. Not when it was his fault. And Harry is very much still his boss. Isn't that illegal or something? It should be!

"Are you alright?" Chloe asked, conserened.

Louis nodded with his eyes closed shut. "Fine," he muttered.

"Are you sure? You look a bit sick"

Louis swallowed and forced a smile onto his face, "no, I'm alright. And it wasn't a date.

Happy Birthday Lou ☺️