Part 43

The night was still young, the city still bustling with its usual traffic and chaos

Yet Sebin and Jaehyun were now way too far away to hear it, the white jeep that he was driving submerged in between hundreds of pine trees. The aura of it all was ominous, mysterious, but the two were in the safety of their car and honestly weren't too worried about it.

Sebin looked over to Jaehyun, admiring his pink hair before moving over to his face. She had no idea where he was taking her, and she had immediately excluded her initial thought that maybe he was going to go murder her and bury her body or something. 

He had just described the place as "somewhere special".

"Well let's see how special it looks in the middle of the night."
Sebin thought as she averted her gaze back to the road in front of her.

Finally, the end of the rocky, forest road came to an end in front of them. There was a small cleared-out area meant for cars, but at that moment there was none. 

Jaehyun parked with ease, before jumping out of the jeep, Sebin following suit. 

She ran up behind him as he already began making his way along an even smaller, rough and rocky path.

It took Sebin literally moments before her leg got entangled with some bush, forcing her to begin falling face-down with a quiet squeal. But Jaehyun was faster, immediately jumping in front of her and catching her by the arms.

"You good?" He asked her, watching as the girl blinked away furiously, her heart leaping wildly because of the adrenaline that suddenly rushed her.

"Yeah... yeah I'm fine." She swallowed down, standing straight up again so that she wouldn't have to burden him anymore. "Thanks."

"No problem." Jaehyun shrugged, and Sebin was praying to whatever god was up there that he wouldn't see the slight blush creeping up to her cheeks. But that wasn't likely since they were almost in pitch-blackness.

Just as she was spacing out a little, Sebin felt a warm and soft hand sliding into her and she glanced up in bewilderment.

Jaehyun cleared his throat, tugging her towards him slightly. "It's so you don't fall." He muttered out, not meeting her eyes as he did so.

Sebin let out a weird scowl, but committed to it and they began walking again.

"What's with him..."
She thought as she stared at the back of his head.
"Is he... shy?" 

Her gaze slid down to their connected hands, feeling his warmth gush through her skin and into her bloodstream, warming her up with a pleasant heat wave. Yet this time, it didn't make her flustered. No, she was melting into his touch, enjoying every single moment of it for as long as she could.

But the moment didn't last long, as they finally came to an end of their journey.

"We're here." Jaehyun turned back, a proud smile plastered on his lips.

Sebin glanced up, only noticing the hill emerging from the ground in front of them.

She turned to him, clearly confused. "Where...?" 

"Come on." He tugged on her again, almost making their bodies bump into each other. 

They walked up through the short, neat grass that tingled their ankles, although not in an annoying. The breeze, the mystic feeling and unfamiliar cold was left behind them as they entered this presumed bubble of safety and comfort.

And oh boy was it an amazing sight.

"Wow..." Sebin could only exclaim, eyes widening in amazement. 

In front of her spread out the entire city of Seoul, bustling with beautiful, white lights. It was incredible to see the huge city look so small, small enough that it could fit in her palm. Behind it was the full moon, already far up in the sky, giving out a fairytale-like light.

It looked like a scene taken out of a movie, an eye candy to the eye. 

"Jaehyun... this..." Sebin could only be speechless. She's seen Seoul at night, sure, but not at this angle. Not with this beautiful view. 

As she turned to him, it was as if her breath was robbed for her as she was unable to inhale any air. With the pink hair and under the blissful moonlight, Jaehyun looked like a magical fairy. His skin seemed to be glowing, his eyes reflecting the small, shining stars in the night sky. Sebin had no idea what it was, but right now he seemed more attractive than ever. 

Jaehyun was going through the same, mind-blowing moment and the thoughts immediately hit him.

'Kiss her.'

And just as he was about to lean in, Sebin emitted a short, nervous chuckle. "We should sit down and enjoy the view right?" She suggested, immediately dropping to the grass and focusing her attention on the city ahead.

And Jaehyun could only sigh as he sat down next to her.

"Yeah. Let's do that."

Aww they were boutta kiss, im disappointed :(

Also, at chapter 50, I'll drop the profile of the female lead in my next book ;)))