Part 79

A few months later

A few months later

The rustic yet luxurious bar was dimly-lit by a combination of ancient yellow laps paired with more modern LED ones. It didn't seem to be very popular, with only a few people sitting around the little tables or at the bar itself. Most of them were mid-aged or elderly gentlemen, some of them joined by beautiful and underdressed young women.

Suddenly, the hinges of the heavy wooden door squeaked as it was pushed open, but at first not many eyes befell on the entrance. There stood a beautiful woman, not very tall but with just the right body proportions. Her perfectly straightened hair reached all the way down to her waist and was mostly pushed to the back, with only a few strands left at the front to frame her sharp face. Everything from her clothing, to shoes, to makeup- she seemed like a model. Her dark blue velvet dress was quite low cut, with spaghetti straps loosely on her shoulders, and it also lacked in length when it came to the lower areas. Her fascial makeup was bold but not overwhelming, with eyeliner that accentuated her fox-like eyes, and a sensual dark red lipstick.

With those well-painted eyes, she looked around the bar, and used a hand to slide some of her hair to the front, covering the left side of her neck. Although she seemed absent minded, a million thoughts ran through her head.

"Victim sitting at the left-most stool of the bar. Agent fox, don't sit directly beside him." The woman heard the voice coming from the subtle headphone in her left ear.

She then looked down at her gold-plated watched, which blatantly showed the wrong time, and proceeded to press on a button on its side. It sent a signal to the other side of the line which read 'ok'.

Her steps were slow and calculated as she began walking into the bar, her stiletto hills clicking against the hard surface. This seemed to turn some heads, but she was quickly disregarded by most.

Adjusting the purse she had at her side, she reached the left-most side of the bar, which was the most remote from the subtle chatter of other customers. However, she quickly spotted the gray-haired gentleman sitting on the last stool, a glass of whiskey on the bar in front of him. He took it into hand, then put it up to his lips, downing the glasses' remnants in one go.

The woman slid onto a stool just 2 away from his, which clearly went noticed by the gray-haired gentleman.

"Excuse me," she spoke softly and lowly, with a subtle smile. "Do you happen to have champagne?"

"Champagne at the bar, pretty girl? Got something to celebrate?" The barista replied with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"I guess today the occasion is the birth of my 3rd nephew, though I still remain single." She replied, crossing a leg over another.

The bar tender chuckled. "A glass of champagne coming right up."

"3rd nephew, huh?" The woman turned to find the gray-haired gentleman eyeing her. "Do you have many siblings, or was one blessed with 3 boys."