~3~

REMI ¤ POV

"A sip!" I scolded, yanking the glass of rum out of Tyler's hands before the sneaky boy had the chance to gulp down the alcohol. We'd just finished dinner and I let him taste the rum I'd poured for myself. "This is why you can't have nice things!"

He pouted at me. "It's illegal to buy alcohol under the age of eighteen but you can drink alcohol at home at any age. I'm sixteen, hardly a child. Can I have some more?"

"Nope." I downed the rest and got up, putting the bottle of rum on top of the kitchen cabinate where he couldn't reach it. "You will grow up to be many things - an alcoholic isn't one of them."

Tyler snorted a laugh, getting up from the table and grabbing my hand. "Time to dance!" He pulled me enthusiastically into the living room and I sat on the sofa to put on my skates while he hooked up his spotify to the speakers.

'Boogie Wonderland' began blasting throughout the room and Tyler was already wiggling his butt as he shimmyed his way over his skates. I grinned, watching him with adoring eyes as he sang.

When he was ready, I got up, gliding over to him and taking his hands. "If the neighbours complain, you're dealing with it!" I yelled and he nodded without a care in the world as we began to dance.

I held my brother tightly, moving to the music, letting the beat, paired with his delighted giggles overtake me as we skated in circles around the small living room. The disco ball spun above us, sending shimmering lights all around and I wanted to capture every moment in my mind forever.

I never thought I'd see myself wearing a skirt and fishing tights? Is that what they're called? Whatever it was, it was out of my comfort zone but I would wear it again in a heartbeat for Tyler. I saw the way his eyes sparkled and that was what I wanted - for him to realise that I would always be behind him, no matter what.

We had a blast singing, grooving and getting sweaty in our own little bubble to arguably the best music in the world. Our parent's era was insane and their music was the best. It was like going through a time machine that took us back to the sixties, seventies, eighties and nineties.

"This is how we do it!" Tyler sang at the top of his lungs along with Montell Jordan, before turning his back on me, squatting his thighs and twerking his ass. My mouth fell open.

"Tyler!" I yelled, glaring at him. "Not in this house, young man, quit it!"

"... honey's in the street say Monty yo we made it!"

"I'll put you out on the streets in a minute," I grunted, going all macho big brother on him as he laughed and darted to the other side of the room. Seeing my baby brother doing such grown, explicit things like that was wrong. I wiped it from my memory with a huff.

"Relax!" He beamed, waving his arms above his head and shimmying his hips. Then he was back in my arms again, singing up at me.

We continued to skate and dance and sing until we were out of breath and we flopped down on the sofa, panting happily.

"That was awesome! We should really make this a habit!" Tyler laughed, kicking his feet, making the wheels on his roller skates spin. I turned my head towards him with a smile.

'We can add it to our tradition if you'd like, sweet boy. How are you feeling?" I asked gently, still smiling to keep the mood light.

Tyler shuffled over to me and I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him into my chest. He sighed, draping his arm over my stomach. "I feel like I have the best brother in the world. I feel like I'm ready to conquer the universe. I feel happy and I feel loved."