Chapter 19

"The first game of the first-year stage is finally over. Now, take a look at the results!"

Yuki somehow managed to land himself in 6th place to which he was pleasantly surprised.

"The top 42 made it through to the next round. It's unfortunate, but don't worry even if you didn't make it. We've prepared other chances for you to shine. The real competition begins next! The press cavalry'll be all over it! Give it your all!" Midnight swung her whip around.

"Now then, here is the second game. I already know what it is,"

Then why is there a randomizer!?

"But what could it be? What could it be?"

Yuki crossed his arms in slight annoyance. "They should just say it out if they've already chosen it."

"I just said it, and now here it is... "

"A Cavalry battle?"

"...Oh! Press Cavalry! A play on words i guess." Yuki nodded now understanding Midnight a bit more.

"It's not an individual event,"

"How do you think it'll work?"

"Let me explain." Midnight began. "The participants can form teams of two to four as they wish." a picture of Thirteen, Present Mic supporting All Might appeared on the screen.

"It's basically the same as a regular cavalry battle, but the one thing that's different is..." she paused for dramatic affect.

"Based on the results of the last game each person has been assigned a point value."

"Point-based system huh?" Yuki wondered, bringing a hand up to his lips in a thinking manner.

"In other words, each team is worth different points depending on who's on the team!" Uraraka exclaimed understandingly.

"You guys don't hold back even though I'm talking, huh?!" Midnight whipped her arm causing the whip in her hand to snap and Yuki to flinch, eyes beginning to sting.

"Yes, that's right! And the points assigned go up by five starting from the bottom. So 42nd place gets five points, and 41st gets ten points!"

Yuki immediately cringed at the number he saw for first place.

"And the point value assigned to first place is... ten million!"

"T-Ten million?!" A small cry from Yuki's dear friend who only minutes ago was trying to kill.

If you somehow manage to take down the first place player's team... you can stand at the top no matter what place you're in!

"That's right. It's survival of the fittest, with a chance for those at the bottom to overthrow the top!"

Welp! It was nice knowing you Midoriya Izuku.

"Now then, I'll explain the rules of the cavalry battle. The time limit is fifteen minutes. Each team is worth the total of its members' points, and the riders will wear a headband with that number on their foreheads. Teams will try to grab each other's headbands until time runs out, and try to keep as many points as they can. Stolen headbands must be worked from the neck up. So the more you steal the harder it'll be to manage them. And the most important thing is that even if your headband gets stolen, or if your team falls, you're not out!"

"Which means since there are 42 people, there will be ten to twelve teams on the field?" Yuki's eyebrow raised.

"That's tough." Aoyama piped in.