Is Bright okay?

Bright takes a deep breath, closing his eyes for a moment before he speaks his mind, "If okay is anything remotely close to being emotionally constipated, then yeah. I guess I'm okay."

He waits for a second. Two. Three.

Win's body is gone the next second and Bright misses the warmth already, wants to call out to him.

But the younger appears before him with a crease between his brows; Win is frowning.

"Why do you ask, anyway?"

Win lets out a long breathe of his own, "I've been noticing, phi. How you're not your goofy self anymore, how your smile doesn't reach your eyes these days and the visible tension in your body. Like you're fighting an inner battle. It all showed. People noticed " Win pauses.

"I always thought of telling you that. Don't know why I couldn't bring myself to, I felt like i would be crossing a line." He finishes with a soft voice.

Bright clenches his fist. To him, Win's words seem like a confession, like a code where he's saying that he feels a certain way about Bright but he can't say it for the fear of ruining their friendship.

Bright wants to believe that's the subtext behind Win not being able to say something to him, so he thinks it may be a good time to be honest with the younger.

"I like you," he says.

Win's eyes widen, but Bright can't bring himself to look up. It's like the time stops right there, in Win's bedroom on his special day, Bright's toothbrush and a small towel forgotten on the bed. He can hear the crickets and a distant noise of street dogs barking, it's only inside Win's room that time freezes.

Win awkwardly laughs. "I like you too? We are friends, phi Bright, it's a given we like each other," Win states as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. He makes it so simple and for a second Bright believes he misunderstood his feelings but,

Bright surges forward to capture Win's lips in between his own.

To his surprise they're a little chapped but still as soft as ever. Bright thinks he can stay like this forever if he could. Here, in Win's room, kissing him and-

And just like that, time comes back to the room.

And it quickly hits him in waves of regret, embarrassment and pain.

Win isn't kissing back.

Bright fucked up. Like always.

He always ends up saying more than what he should and it always backfires. He fucked up big time.

Maybe he was imagining Win felt the same for him, maybe he rushed things, maybe he should've kept quiet because the young actor has his own problems and he doesn't need Bright to bring any more. Bright rears back.

From the baffled look on Win's face and confusion written all over it, Bright knows his feelings aren't reciprocated.

Though, Bright wants to stretch his hand and hold Win's into his, wants to feel the heat of skin again but he stops himself before he does even more damage.

"I'm sorry."

The elder looks directly into Win's eyes, he looks so lost that Bright only whispers again, "I'm really sorry. I won't-"

"It's okay." Win mutters and it's obvious it's not, but Bright doesn't say anything further.

×

They decide to forget about that night, going back to their usual routine.
They hang out after the shoot and sometimes even manage to meet up on their days off. They continue having their game nights at Bright's apartment and everything is back to normal.