Chapter 3: Name?

Lily's POV

"Name," he threw the word at me filled with venomous hate, and I smiled softly, placing my chin on my folded hands while inspecting the two agents sitting in front of me, the last thing I felt was fear rushing through my veins, I had done such things more than enough times to not feel anything near fear anymore, it almost felt . . . Exciting.

"Which one do you want? My Chinese name or my full English name?" I looked at both agents, one seemed somewhat shy and taken back wearing glasses, he would be the nerdy type in highschool probably while the other was frowning and reminded me of a grumpy cat, he wouldn't be like that bully type at school though he looked like one, and just like I had expected the grumpy one replied.

"Both, but start with your Chinese name," his voice was sharp like a knife as if he was owning the world, and I held back the urge to roll my eyes at him, reminding myself not to get in any more trouble than I already was because I knew I got myself into a cobweb of spies, agents and assassins, but maybe this would work out, and maybe there were some small chances I could fish the information out of them I needed.

"My Chinese name is Xia'er which literally translated means far and near, English full name is Lily Moon," I smiled softly at them, with a murderous look inside my eyes, keeping my head slightly oblique while looking into the eyes of the other agent who hadn't said a single word yet, he was the observing one of the two.

"Your keeping information away," his tone was soft yet demanding, and I leaned backwards, looking right into the eyes of the one I expected to be observing, and he did not disappoint me at all.

I held my hands up in defence, "I'm not keeping any information back, I'm just twisting the truth, but mind telling me your names?" I crossed my legs slowly under the table while they both glanced at each other before looking at me, and if they thought I missed the glance, I did not.

"My name is Wang Haoxuan, but you can address me as Haoxuan, Miss Moon," he smiled softly at me, a smile that did reach his eyes, and I let a soft invisible sigh escape before leaning a bit more forwards, folding my hands under the table.

"You can call me Lily, I won't mind," he once again gave me a slight smile, he looked harmless, like a lost puppy, but that meant nothing, everyone had a beast inside them, appearance only hid that monster away from the human's naked eye.

And I darted my eyes to the other agent, the grumpy one giving him a challenging look that he did not avert neither did he answered it, "Wang Zhoucheng," his voice was sneering unlike the other, and I kept their names in the back of my mind, maybe they would be of use, later on, who knows which game fate was planning to play with me.

"Do you know why you're here Lily," I clicked my tongue in disapprove at his tone and hearing my name off his lips with a smile while he once again frowned at me, making his lips into a thin line, I felt the murderous aura around him, and maybe that was why Haoxuan was in this room too, to make sure he wouldn't kill me, not that he would win that fight, I may look harmless, but the assassins saying goes, 'appearance lie . . .'

"If I am right I said to Haoxuan he could call me Lily, did I tell you so too?" His eyes darkened a shade while I once again leaned backwards, relaxing myself a bit, humans were so easy to play with, they had no idea what would be happening to them and even if they did they wanted to believe a deceiving lie more than the harsh truth.

"Lily, do you know why you're here?" Haoxuan took over the lead I saw, so I decided to play my 'innocent' card, I made my eyes wide while slowly shaking my head in confusion, and I saw that Zhoucheng as on the verge of snapping while Haoxuan nodded slowly, only buying half of my act from the way he watched me.

"I mean, if this is still about that fight with the lady in the town, I am really sorry, but her husband tried to seduce me while I pushed him away, I really did! And you know what she did? She called me a whore, without listening to my side of the story! I know I shouldn't have hit her, but I do not like others calling me something I am not," I put on my fake tears while rubbing my eyes, letting my breath hitch a bit and I almost snickered at my own actions.

"We're really sorry to hear so," Zhoucheng shot Haoxuan a murderous look that almost made me let go of my act, "but that's no the reason why you are here Lily," he spilt my name carefully as if it was made of glass and was about to shatter any moment while I looked up, sure of my shot red eyes of the fake crying.

I had honestly lost the count of how many officers and agents had letten me go of this one stupid act, after all, who could resist a crying lady who was being accused of things she did 'not' do?

"W-Why am I h-here then . . . ?" My voice trembled just enough to let at least Zhoucheng believe it because I saw it in the glance he shot to Haoxuan, he had fallen in my trap, but Haoxuan was different, Haoxuan saw through my actions like it was only a veil, and I sighed tiredly knowing he wouldn't easily let me off the hook.

"Miss Lily, why won't you let go of the act, you know honestly I almost fell into your trap too like Zhoucheng, if it wasn't for the anonymous tip I got from someone, you're a great suitable actress maybe you could better become an actress instead of an assassin, don't you think," once again I shifted my position, placing my hands on the table while watching Haoxuan in amusing.

He was far more observing than I expected, no other agent before him had dared to make such a talk to me, fascinating . . .

"Why don't we make a deal Miss Lily, we will help you with a task if you give us the whole story why you became an assassin and why you created the community 'the white Lotus,' because from my view you're not an awful person, unlike how people describe you, not that I believe those gossips," he smiled softly and assuring at me while I saw Zhoucheng rolling his eyes, making me smile.

"But what if you decide my reasons aren't good enough to be an assassin, and why would you even lend me a hand if it comes so far?" A small frown appeared on Haoxuan's face, but the very same second it had disappeared too, he slowly took off his glasses, placing it on the table while Zhoucheng was still watching me with his hawk eyes.

"No person is 100 per cent good nor bad, I and Zhoucheng here are no person to judge what you're doing or what you've done, but I have seen the list of people you killed, and all of them were killed the same way, you have a motive, but I want to know what those people did to you and why they deserve to die in your eyes because I have done the research to them, and I know they are not the best people . . ." I gritted my teeth hearing him saying that they are not the best people, saying they were not the best people were the worst understanding of what they were, I took a deep breath, calming myself and the beast inside me down.

"Why . . . ?" One simple word with so much meaning behind it, I looked at both of them, first into Haoxuan's deep chocolate brown eyes with edges gold around them before I turned to Zhoucheng. His eyes were dark, troubled and killable, and when our eyes collided, I had made my decision.

"How many people know about this . . . ?" They looked at each other before looking back at me with a small smile.

"Only now the three of us here . . ."

Word count: 1462 words

***

A new person, a new POV, what do you all think of Lily? Any thought on her?

If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment~