Chapter 06

Why did he feel as if he was the one breaking her heart all over again? Shit. He couldn't bear to see her cry. As she wailed, her miniskirt rode up her thighs, above the red band of her panties. She tugged the skirt down, choking on her sobs. Craig reached out, and with one swift pull, moved the skirt back to her thighs. As his fingers grazed her skin, she jerked away from him.

"Don't fucking touch me," she growled.
"You can see it, for all I fucking care. Just like you've seen every other part of my heart, and thrown it away."

She propped herself up, then rose to her full height. Once she was standing, she flung his coat at him. Isla's lungs were burning. Afire.

Craig shuffled his feet under his coat. When he stood up, he towered over her.

"I'm getting out of here. Do whatever bloody shit you want with your girlfriend's body," she spat.

Just before she slipped past his reach never to return forever, he seized her by the waist. The last time he had her hemmed in his hold, he cuddled her. This time, his stare burned into her cleavage. His cock was as hard as a rock, and his senses reeled.

"Can I kiss you?" He pleaded.

"Yes. Kiss my fucking ass, best friend."

He lowered his head to hers, slowing down his breathing. Her nose brushed his. He tucked a strand of her curls behind her ear, never taking his eyes away from hers. She paled significantly. Dear Lord, what the fuck was happening? A bubble rose in her chest as his face inched closer.

"Look at me,"he prompted. His voice was music. Damnit, he was singing to her, and she loved this song of his. She leveled their gazes for the first time that night. Her eyes widened, and her lips formed a silent "wow."

"Good girl." He stroked her jaw with his thumb.

Her cleavage heaved up and down. Fuck. Had the temperature outside risen? Was he getting hotter?

Then his lips came crashing down on hers, and it was like she was riding the waves on the sea, being plunged deeper into the water then coming up again. He nibbled at her bottom lip, tugging her closer by her waist, the air between them pumping with sexual frustration. He savored the taste of strawberry on her tongue, kissing her with every fiber in him. He pushed her up against the bark of the tree, never taking his lips from hers. Then, he moved his hands slowly up her sides, taking her breath away.

"Jesus. If only you sound as sweet as you taste, Isla," he whispered, " You should have seen the look on your face. It was priceless. Besides, you can consider that my make up kiss, since I suck at apologies, and probably won't get round to saying I'm sorry."

She groaned. What did she just hear? Did he mean__ did he mean that he believed her? She sighed and pried his chest further away. The wind rushed between them, and the sudden chill numbed her senses. She wanted him back, to be in his arms again.

"Say something, please. Anything," he begged.

The smug look on his face was fading. He loosened his arms around her waist. Her top was a few notches away from her nipples. He tore his eyes from them with difficulty.

"Please. Say something." The whisper of his plea was carried by the wind. Still, nothing.

She cupped his face in her hands, smiling.
"Stop freaking out. Did you believe me?"

His eyes were shining.
"Hell, sure. I'd do anything for you, Isla. Just say the word."

The smile on her face froze, and her gaze darkened.
"Good. Then stop kissing me because I'm taken. And stop running after me each time you sense something is wrong, because for me, your sympathy will never be enough."