14. Sally Jackson

Start from the beginning

Her gaze wandered from me to Severus.

Since I didn't eat much for breakfast, brunch sounded like a wonderful idea. Sally had gone out of her way to make it, it seemed. There were scrambled eggs and bacon, pancakes, waffles, hash browns, french toast and bread. It was delicious, to put it mildly. Could probably rival the breakfast I usually eat at Hogwarts.

Sally asked us about the previous year at school, apparently she and her family had been told about the wizarding world. Harriet told her about mandrakes, quidditch and what classes she was planning on taking once we started our third year. She had chosen to study Latin, because why not? She was already fluent in Ancient Greek and Italian, nothing wrong with adding more languages to the list. She had also picked Care of Magical Creatures and Divination, both classes she would be sharing with Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. The latter had apparently signed up for ALL the elective classes there was to choose from.

Apparently Sally was curious about me, as she turned to me to ask which classes I had picked to study. Estelle's eyes shone with curiosity and who was I to let the girl down.

"Well, at my father's suggestion I decided to pick Arithmancy, and Study of Ancient Runes. My mu-" I cleared my throat, "my step-mum, recommended me to take on Care of Magical Creatures. I will also be studying Latin."

I threw a quick glance at Harriet. She had taken the opportunity to feast on pancakes as the attention was no longer on her. I remember Parkinson gossiping about how Harriet must have some kind of eating disorder due to her tin form. Looking at her now, I could tell it was not the case. More likely was it because she spent her summers combat training while scraping half of her food into the fire at lunch. She did not have a problem with eating.

"That sounds exciting, have you met any Roman demigods yet? I know they speak Latin like the Greeks speak Ancient Greek."

I turned back to Sally.

"No, I only found out I was a demigod myself yesterday." I explained to her. "I thought I was a pure blooded wizard, but then Narcissa met me at King's Cross Station and tells me I was born from infidelity, and I'm supposedly destined to go to a foreign country with a classmate of whom I've never been able to talk properly to without insulting in some way or another. Then I wake up and find out my real mother is actually a Greek goddess and that I have a bunch of half siblings and volunteering to go on some mission to find an object that could lead to a war between deities if not returned and I have to search within the borders of a world that I hardly know the first thing about!" Now I had completely forgotten where I was going with this.

I turned back from my plate with waffles to Sally.

"I-I'm sorry," I said quietly, "I didn't mean to vent like that, Mrs. Jackson."

Lucky for me, Sally is among the greatest women to ever walk on earth, and she was not bothered by my ranting. She simply laid her hand on my shoulder and gave me the warmest smile.

"Don't worry, Draco. I imagine that this has all messed up your view quite a bit," she told me. "I think you're allowed to vent a little."

I was near crying because of her kindness.

"Thank you."

_________________________________

I feel like I should clarify some details, such as ages. Canonically Harry Potter is born in 1980, Percy Jackson is born in 1993, I think. Therefore it should be rather obvious that I have changed the characters' ages for the sake of the story. For my story, Harriet and Draco are instead born in 2003, making them two years younger than MCU Spiderman, who is born in August 10, 2001. As you already know from the previous chapters, Draco just turned 13, and Harriet is 12 (will be turning 13 in the end of July). There are supposed to be 11 years between Percy and Harriet, and 6 years between Harriet and Estelle, but everyone who knows basic math realizes there are only 10 years between the years 1993 and 2003. This is because I was not entirely sure as to when Percy was born, and because I think to would be too difficult to rewrite the story timeline, (especially since I've already published it) I've instead decided to just say Percy was born in 1992, instead. I hope this make some sense, at least. If you're confused about something, just ask and I'll try to explain it as well as I can.
Hope you enjoy this crazy crossover fan-fiction of mine!

(P.S this means Harriet in this AU will turn 17 in 2020. So if you thought you had a bad year, think about Harri, who is currently on the run, horcrux  hunting!)